Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Remove unwanted "EFI" Entry in the Opencore 0.8.3 Boot Picker in a Multiboot System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi All,
I recently installed macOS Monterey on a new nvme M.2 drive to replace an existing drive (Samsung 970 EVO - now moved to a PCIe x4 expansion card) using Opencore 0.8.3 (HideAuxiliary checked) as boot manager in a multiboot system with different operating systems each on its own drive (nvme M.2, SATA SSD, SATA mechanical hard disks).
At startup, however, an "EFI" entry appears in the Opencore boot menu that doesn't seem to refer to any OS and that I can't delete.
I tried to identify which Drive or OS this menu entry refers to also using the ScanPolicy variable to exclude all SATA drives at startup but the "EFI" entry remains in the boot picker.
How can I find where the problem is coming from and then fix it?
Thanks in advance for Your help

Hi All,
I recently installed macOS Monterey on a new nvme M.2 drive to replace an existing drive (Samsung 970 EVO - now moved to a PCIe x4 expansion card) using Opencore 0.8.3 (HideAuxiliary checked) as boot manager in a multiboot system with different operating systems each on its own drive (nvme M.2, SATA SSD, SATA mechanical hard disks).
At startup, however, an "EFI" entry appears in the Opencore boot menu that doesn't seem to refer to any OS and that I can't delete.
I tried to identify which Drive or OS this menu entry refers to also using the ScanPolicy variable to exclude all SATA drives at startup but the "EFI" entry remains in the boot picker.
How can I find where the problem is coming from and then fix it?
Thanks in advance for Your help
  • Added .contentVisibility to hide and disable boot entries
you need to add the hidden file into your BOOT folder:

• Added .contentVisibility to hide and disable boot entries
you need to add the hidden file into your BOOT folder:
Adding the .contentVisibility file in the /EFI/BOOT folder of the previous macOS Catalina/Big Sur installation drive (now moved to a PCIe x4 expansion card) after updating Opencore to 0.8.8 version, the unwanted "EFI" entry in the boot menu no longer appears.
Thanks a lot :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back