Contribute
Register

Remove these 5 programs from Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, there was a lot of fuss kicked up a few months ago until they go things sorted with Zoom

i use an older version of uTorrent, 2.2.1 before all the ads etc!

never used quicktime, always vlc player
The only time I use Windblows is only for those things that I can't do in macOS or Linux. I only own one Windows system, a HP laptop that I bought in 2014. I booted it for the first time in almost a year a couple of weeks ago to update the firmware on my DAP. It took me like an hour to install all the updates. What a PitA. Otherwise it collects dust.

Luckily for my day job I haven't had to use a Windows since 2007. Every company since then has allowed or given me a MacBook Pro.

Encryption masks data with a code, and a key is required to decode it.

For Duo calls, end-to-end encryption means that a call’s data (its audio and video) is encrypted from your device to your contact’s device. The encrypted audio and video can only be decoded with a shared secret key.

This key:
  • Is a number that’s created on your device and the device you called. It exists only on those devices.
  • Isn’t shared with Google, anyone else, or other devices.
  • Disappears as soon as the call ends.

Even if someone gains access to the data for the call, they won’t understand it because they don’t have the key.
sorry, it was just my humour! :)

If you are on Zoom or almost any other system and only use their client on a desktop or phone then all of the conversation is encrypted.

Once you start using an analog land line or dial into a call using your phone providers network, all bets are off.

uTorrent, CCcleaner, internet explorer, quicktime and zoom
I have not used any of these except IE, and have not used even that on my home computer since Mozilla.org came out with Firefox. I already removed it from my Win7 and Win10 machines. I use VLC for video/audio files. No need for zoom since I do not have VOIP, and I have never used uTorrent or CCLeaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back