i5-10500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
The author of this video believes all of these 5 are security and other kinds of risks. Interested to hear other people's ideas on these. I used to use CCleaner but could definitely see it was going in the wrong direction once AVAST bought them out. There is one Apple made app in the video, Quicktime for Windows. Remove it immediately if not sooner.

5 apps to avoid in Windows: Zoom, CCleaner, uTorrent, Internet Exploder and Quicktime.

Last edited:
uTorrent, CCcleaner, internet explorer, quicktime and zoom
The latest version of Zoom is not a security risk. Yes there was issues in older releases. But the latest is not a risk.
IE is the worlds worst browser and should be avoided.
I use Auslogics Registry Cleaner Free along with their other free programs, Disk Defrag Free, Registry Defrag Free and Duplicate File Finder Free.

The latest version of Zoom is not a security risk.
Looks like the video was made about a month ago or more, before they fixed the problems.

yes, there was a lot of fuss kicked up a few months ago until they go things sorted with Zoom

i use an older version of uTorrent, 2.2.1 before all the ads etc!

never used quicktime, always vlc player

there was a lot of fuss kicked up a few months ago until they go things sorted with Zoom
I personally use Google Duo which has end to end encryption. Mostly for smaller groups up to 10 people.

I personally use Google Duo which has end to end encryption. Mostly for smaller groups up to 10 people.
have heard of that, not used but heard it was good

although Google probably owns you now though! :)

have heard of that, not used but heard it was good

although Google probably owns you now though! :)
Encryption masks data with a code, and a key is required to decode it.

For Duo calls, end-to-end encryption means that a call’s data (its audio and video) is encrypted from your device to your contact’s device. The encrypted audio and video can only be decoded with a shared secret key.

This key:
  • Is a number that’s created on your device and the device you called. It exists only on those devices.
  • Isn’t shared with Google, anyone else, or other devices.
  • Disappears as soon as the call ends.

Even if someone gains access to the data for the call, they won’t understand it because they don’t have the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back