Graphics
MSI Radeon 7950 3GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
ML 10.8.3 was installed on one of my SSDs using Clover EFI (UEFI install), followed by a standard UniBeast (working) install on the same SSD.

The motherboard BIOS (GA-Z77X-UD5H) still reports the Clover OS X Boot partition, even after diskutility erases the SSD, including all partitions.

The SSD now boots to the Chameleon partition fine, but I want to completely remove the "Clover OS X Boot" boot from the drive.

Booting is set to 'P0' drive, with UEFI first, then Legacy order in bios. The UniBeast boots fine with this config, and installs perfectly.

Hopefully, this can be done WITHOUT a fresh install.

Thanks

Ritey

Using Paragon Disk Manager, ALL partitions on this SSD were deleted, including hidden system partitions.

The 'Clover OS X' boot partition is still there in BIOS boot options, even after deleting all partitions at the BIOS level, then erasing the freshly wiped drive with DiskManager.

LoL!

Ritey ...

The only way to remove it was by reflashing the BIOS. Somehow, Clover flashed the bios itself (in certain instances) and can only be removed by erasing the Clover boot record from the UEFI bios by reflashing it.

Ritey ..

In recent versions of Clover, you have the option to remove Clover from EFI Boot Menu. I didn't try it because my BIOS doesn't allow to add/remove custom EFI boot.

Hi everyone, I accidentally installed Clover on my main boot SSD. Now whenever I boot my computer the clover boot menu comes up and my main SSD no longer boots. Just a black screen that says This version of Mac OSX is not compatible or something. And then a reason code. Please if anyone can help me I will be greatly appreciative.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

use this guide. what the first part does is reformat your efi partition. it is up 2 you if you want to boot with chimera and follow the whole guide. i installed clover onto my efi partition and that is why i followed this guide to get rid of it. i also recommend downloading efi mounter its in the download section. i use a radeon r9 270x gpu that will not boot with my main ssd using chimera thats why i boot efi. i am also seeing really fast boot times about 4 seconds after my bios screen

Remove Clover EFI

friends,
I need help.
I had installed "OS X MOUNTAIN LION" with "CLOVER EFI". Then I Update to "OS X Mavericks" using MULTIBEAST. Everything Ok, but now I want to uninstall "Crover EFI" which has no more usefulness. How to Do it without compromising the facility Mavericks?
I appreciate any help.

boot with uni stick go disk utility restore to a backup hdd it will remove all bootloaders then reinstall chimera if u wish

If you managed to mess up removing Clover somehow, like I did, the EFI partition can become poison, preventing chimera/chameleon from starting. I discovered I could use a windows seven installer disk, then say I wanted to do a fresh install - When it asks what partition to install to, the EFI partition was visible. By hitting the drive options button, I was able to delete the whole EFI partition from there, enabling chimera to boot my system normally again. I had accidentally damaged my unibeast installer USB drive, so this was actually the only way to get my system bootable again.
Julio, I believe this will fix the problem you are having, and windows install disks are not only widely available but allow elimination of EFI with a purely point and click interface.

In recent versions of Clover, you have the option to remove Clover from EFI Boot Menu. I didn't try it because my BIOS doesn't allow to add/remove custom EFI boot.

From Clover Boot Menu (Clover_v2k_r2850), you can remove all clover entries in Bios.
My Clover installation works fine from USB, but not from HD, and I am still working on a solution.
From Clover Boot Menu You also can copy Clover Boot option to UEFI Bios, but it will only boot up when USB are plugged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back