ATI HD5870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello all,

Im searching on the internet, but i cant find a clear answer..

Is it possible to replace Chameleon with Clover.

ATM i have a fully working hackintosh. (see signature for my build)

Can i just install Clover and overwrite Chameleon, delete the Extra folder (backup first).

Pls help me.

Is it possible to replace Chameleon with Clover.

Yes.

Can i just install Clover and overwrite Chameleon, delete the Extra folder (backup first).

Assuming you plan to install Clover UEFI...

No need to delete the Extra folder. Clover won't use it... And you can actually have Clover and Chameleon installed at the same time (use boot hotkey to select between booting legacy or UEFI).

Clover must be carefully configured for your hardware.

If you're new to Clover it is best to test with a USB stick. Once you get it working via USB, transfer it to EFI partition for UEFI boot.

What is the the procedure to "Transfer it to EFI partition of the UEFI boot"?

What is the the procedure to "Transfer it to EFI partition of the UEFI boot"?
Once you are satisfied that Clover booting from USB is doing what you want it to do, download Clover installer from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/ and run the package installer UEFI install mode. This creates an EFI folder on your EFI partition of your internal drive.
Use EFIMounter app to mount the USB EFI partition.
Copy the EFI folder in the USB EFI partition to desktop.
Eject and remove the USB drive.
Mount the internal drive EFI partition.
Replace the EFI folder in the internal drive EFI partition with the one on the desktop. Trash the one on the desktop.

I have the opposite problem, I'd need to switch from Clover to Chameleon, because the first cannot even detect and than boot drives from SATA 3 expansion cards that I installed in my old system, while Chameleon does. I just installed Chameleon in the root folder after Clover but it seems it can't overwrite Clover that in fact keep on dominating at boot. How can I fix that?

thanks in advance

Once you are satisfied that Clover booting from USB is doing what you want it to do, download Clover installer from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/ and run the package installer UEFI install mode. This creates an EFI folder on your EFI partition of your internal drive.
Use EFIMounter app to mount the USB EFI partition.
Copy the EFI folder in the USB EFI partition to desktop.
Eject and remove the USB drive.
Mount the internal drive EFI partition.
Replace the EFI folder in the internal drive EFI partition with the one on the desktop. Trash the one on the desktop.

Do you have any idea how to fix the problem about Clover not being able to detect drives plugged into SATA 3 PCI expansion cards?

The solution isn't in going back to chameleon, that's for sure. You'll always want to use Clover in 2017.

Is your BIOS configured as AHCI for Sata?
maybe you are right, but I always had my system up and running with chameleon, from snow leopard to Sierra 10.12.1, while Clover could never detect my PCIe SATA3 expansion cards, so it's not a matter of BIOS or AHCI settings. Now the problem is that in 10.12.2 with Chameleon there's no fix to Nvidia Web driver not loading, so I have to choose between no graphic acceleration with Chameleon (no way) or limiting my SSD to SATA2 speed with Clover. Not a nice situation anyway.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back