CPU
i7-5775C
Graphics
AMD WX Pro 4100
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a couple of boot entries that either donot work or are mislabeled, how can I eliminate them from the menu ?? I know how to add entries, and have made them for my windows drive ad for the linux drive, and work OK, but how can I clean up the menu and leave just what I need and want.

Thanks

Manolo

I have a couple of boot entries that either donot work or are mislabeled, how can I eliminate them from the menu ?? I know how to add entries, and have made them for my windows drive ad for the linux drive, and work OK, but how can I clean up the menu and leave just what I need and want.

Thanks

Manolo
what kind of entries?

Hi, I have managed to hide the recovery option, but there is one called "NO NAME" that I have not been able to eliminate from the menu. I have no idea what it is and it will not boot just gives an error and all goes back to OC.

Any suggestions ??

Thanks

Manolo

Hi, I have managed to hide the recovery option, but there is one called "NO NAME" that I have not been able to eliminate from the menu. I have no idea what it is and it will not boot just gives an error and all goes back to OC.

Any suggestions ??

Thanks

Manolo
random hard drive in your machine?

I have a lot of drives, 1Tb SSD MacOS, 500Gb SSD Windows Server, 500gb SSD Ubuntu, 500Gb Data (lots of stuff) drive, 8Tb Media I Drive Plex Library, 2Tb Music Library for Jriver MC, 6Tb Media II Plex Library. All data drives, non OS, are exFat drives with no EFI. I also have a DVD/BluRay drive connected but should not show up I guess.

Does OC scan the drives in order to set up the menu ? I think it might be either the linux or windows drive that is showing up twice, but for some reason does not boot.

The windows drive shows up on its own as Windows, the Ubuntu drive would not show up and I had to create it.

I have a lot of drives, 1Tb SSD MacOS, 500Gb SSD Windows Server, 500gb SSD Ubuntu, 500Gb Data (lots of stuff) drive, 8Tb Media I Drive Plex Library, 2Tb Music Library for Jriver MC, 6Tb Media II Plex Library. All data drives, non OS, are exFat drives with no EFI. I also have a DVD/BluRay drive connected but should not show up I guess.

Does OC scan the drives in order to set up the menu ? I think it might be either the linux or windows drive that is showing up twice, but for some reason does not boot.

The windows drive shows up on its own as Windows, the Ubuntu drive would not show up and I had to create it.
could try unplugging one at a time to test?

I did, did not want to open the case, but knew I eventually had to !!!!!

It's the Ubuntu drive.

So what now, the NO NAME version does not boot, but the one I created does. Can this entry be fixed in OC or eliminated ?

Last edited:
I did, did not want to open the case, but knew I eventually had to !!!!!

It's the Ubuntu drive.

So what now, the NO NAME version does not boot, but the one I created does. Can this entry be fixed in OC or eliminated ?

That worked like a charm, I had not seen it although I did search the site.

Thanks !!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back