Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to assing new functions to some keys.

I have an english keyboard but there are some spanish letters that i need to use (it is annoying to change from one flag to other), so can i remap some keys and assign the function for ¿ or Ñ?

Maybe something with ApplePS2Controller.kext?

Thanks in advance.

Stolen from another site:

To write an Enye (or an N with a tilde) - ñ - on your Mac, simply follow these steps:

(1) Press option + n on your keyboard, then release. You should see the tilde (the little squiggly line).

(2) Then press n (or shift + n for the uppercase version).

What other characters can I put a tilde on?
You can also put a tilde on the letter A and the letter O:

• option + n, a = ã
• option + n, o = õ

Press and hold the option key then whilst holding make a regular ? and it will flip to ¿

ismaelgualdi said:
Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to assing new functions to some keys.

I have an english keyboard but there are some spanish letters that i need to use (it is annoying to change from one flag to other), so can i remap some keys and assign the function for ¿ or Ñ?

Maybe something with ApplePS2Controller.kext?

Thanks in advance.

I'm using KeyRemap4MacBook 7.7.0 http://pqrs.org/macosx/keyremap4macbook/
With this utils is possible remap all keys on the keyboard.
Very nice & free

Great, thank you guys!

I will try both ways and then post a possible solution for the spanish speakers. Since only tow or three spanish keys are needed i guess it is better to remap some unuseful than chage the whole keyboard language.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back