Contribute
Register

Reliability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, Haven't built a Hackintosh, I am currently looking into the idea of it. I like the ability to upgrade and change parts, and actually, be able to reach into my machine. But I want to know if It will work for me on a daily basis for music production. I understand there will be some tinkering, but I don't want to have to be fixing something every week. I just want to make my music. Thanks for anyone who replies.

If you feel comfortable enough to build a pc and hack your way to hackintosh, then it's just a matter of choosing the right parts from a golden build and following the build guide. If you successfully complete the guide, then you won't need to fix something, ever... if you are careful and not update the system automatically.

For the upgradability, you should choose the parts really carefully and consider that some stuff may not work later. For example with macOS Mojave Nvidia GPU's doesn't work because Nvidia didn't release the drivers yet, so only possibility is AMD GPUs now. This kind of roadblocks may happen, but if you understand the risk and exceptions, you won't have a real problem.

If you feel comfortable enough to build a pc and hack your way to hackintosh, then it's just a matter of choosing the right parts from a golden build and following the build guide. If you successfully complete the guide, then you won't need to fix something, ever... if you are careful and not update the system automatically.

For the upgradability, you should choose the parts really carefully and consider that some stuff may not work later. For example with macOS Mojave Nvidia GPU's doesn't work because Nvidia didn't release the drivers yet, so only possibility is AMD GPUs now. This kind of roadblocks may happen, but if you understand the risk and exceptions, you won't have a real problem.

Thanks, this actually really helps me, I think I might consider Hackintosh for my next computer. Thanks a lot!

I'm building soon this machine below, also for music production. Using Bitwig Studio, with enough hardware synths and drum machines (multi-tracking, low-buffer mixing, using cpu-heavy processing plugins etc.)

For my taste, this build will be future-proof for some years, unless Apple ditches Intel-based CPUs (in that case, it won't be possible to update macOS, but it will be the end of hackintosh systems too so it makes sense to get a powerful machine for the next 5-6 years at least).

MB: Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU: Intel i9-9900K
Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 CL16
PSU: Seasonic FOCUS Plus 550W 80+ Gold
Case: Fractal Design Define C
Home: Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SATA 2.5"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back