Contribute
Register

[RELEASE]: SleepOnLowBattery (“SOLB”)

Status
Not open for further replies.
v.1.2 2019-12-29:

What's New:

IMPROVEMENT: Script is now compatible with both, ACPIBatteryManager.kext and SMCBatteryManager.kext

Last edited:
Hello. script works but what I do not like is that if there is a countdown to sleep so pop up always new window with subtracted second. Catalina

@djlucas456 Thanks for the feedback. The script is open - you can simply edit out
AppleScript:
set theCounter to 10
set theInterval to 1
repeat until theCounter is 0
      display dialog "Sending computer to sleep in " & theCounter & " seconds" as text buttons {"Cancel"} giving up after theInterval
      set theCounter to theCounter - theInterval
end repeat
save, done.

or what would you prefer instead?

dead link, any source on github or elsewhere?

@vgerris : link's not dead, I just clicked on it and downloaded the zip. Looks like a glitch at the time you tried. Click again.

Hi, yeah the link in the top post worked. Is there a git repo. It does not seem to work on big sur for me, demo runs fine but actual actions not. any tips on that? Thanks for your work!

Hi, yeah the link in the top post worked.
I removed the dead one at the bottom of page 1
Is there a git repo.
no. Why? It's just a couple of lines of script, not even code. GitHub would be total overkill for this.
It does not seem to work on big sur for me
I won't install Big Sur Brother until Apple's spying spree is resolved/ circumnavigatable so cannot test/ debug myself for the time being
demo runs fine but actual actions not. any tips on that?
yes, please follow the Troubleshooting procedure step-by-step and report back. Might be able to tackle this even w/o a Big Brother install
Thanks for your work!
you're welcome, m8t

@vgerris with Apple having restored the possibility to again block Apple connections with a firewall as in macOS 10.15 and below, I installed Big Sur in the meantime, running the most current 11.2.1 now. SOLB works fine here even in Big Sur, which might be because the creator of my EFI repo adapted our hackbooks' battery SSDT to be 100% compatible with Big Sur's different way of reading battery values. For a pointer for you, here's the link to the brilliant manual. Other than that, you can supply your data as per the trouble-shooting link from my posting above.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back