Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

Or, even easier, just click on the "Check for updates" in the Hackintool menu as shown (or set it in the preferences).
Sorry, my previous reply sounded a little rude, was trying to explain to njjkfe on how to download releases from github :)

Sorry, my previous reply sounded a little rude, was trying to explain to njjkfe on how to download releases from github :)
It seems like every time I open it there is an update screen. Same with Open Core Configurator. Once you find a release the updates are a breeze.

No worries. I wasn't trying to be snarky, just trying to point out the easiest way to check or update HT from their current version.

Anyone know what the procedure is for copying the exported Display Icons.plist file to S\L\Displays\Contents\Resources\Overrides in Catalina?

@Superbogey How you patch your main system for rx 5500 xt in hackintool. I have a similar system with i7 6700K and sapphire nitro+ rx 5500 xt 8gb. System works with HD530 iGPU but can't work with 5500 xt. agdpmod=pikera not work for me. What should i do? How do i patch it?

@Superbogey How you patch your main system for rx 5500 xt in hackintool. I have a similar system with i7 6700K and sapphire nitro+ rx 5500 xt 8gb. System works with HD530 iGPU but can't work with 5500 xt. agdpmod=pikera not work for me. What should i do? How do i patch it?
I didn't have any other issues getting my 5500xt to run first in Catalina and now in Big Sur (It's an ASRock Challenger 4GB plugged into two 27" 4k monitors through DisplayPort) other than the agdpmod-pikera addition in Bootargs. Even so, I did add a custom SSDT that helped hardware acceleration created by mattystonnie from this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/amd-radeon-performance-enhanced-ssdt.296555/

Last edited:
I didn't have any other issues getting my 5500xt to run first in Catalina and now in Big Sur (It's an ASRock Challenger 4GB plugged into two 27" 4k monitors through DisplayPort) other than the agdpmod-pikera addition in Bootargs. Even so, I did add a custom SSDT that helped hardware acceleration created by mattystonnie from this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/amd-radeon-performance-enhanced-ssdt.296555/
I missed that post. You saved my days. Thank you so much. It works very well.

Does anyone else get this weird behavior when Hackintool (even latest v3.5.3) fails to load USB ports from USBPorts.kext correctly?

I complete the mapping, save the file. Reboot the box and when loading the file end up not with what was saved but with about 20 ports instead. At the same time it seems that kext itself actually has the correct mapping in it.

Thanks for any help on this - hope it's something simple I'm missing or doing wrong (I tried removing all ports before loading from file - same result).

Does anyone else get this weird behavior when Hackintool (even latest v3.5.3) fails to load USB ports from USBPorts.kext correctly?

I complete the mapping, save the file. Reboot the box and when loading the file end up not with what was saved but with about 20 ports instead. At the same time it seems that kext itself actually has the correct mapping in it.

Thanks for any help on this - hope it's something simple I'm missing or doing wrong (I tried removing all ports before loading from file - same result).

I've been in a weird loop with it before myself. Best practice is to open the info.plist inside the kext that it made and edit the ports there.

Doing a quick dummy check here, when you reboot with the USBPorts.kext have you disabled USBInjectall and it's SSDT and disabled the XHCIPortlimit?

Back