Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

You are right, sorry, I didn't sort it out. I think, it tried to install

IO8021Family.kext

first removed it from /System/Library/Extensions, but I guess it couldn't do it because of SIP. The log is almost completely red (Operation not permitted). So, I guess, the installation was not successful.
Not a good idea to even try to install or remove any 3rd party kexts into the main Library/Extensions directory - let alone the System Library Extensions one. The easiest way to run Hackintosh kexts is to put them in your EFI partition under /EFI/Clover/kexts/other (don't put them in a version-specific folder like say 10.15.5 as they then won't work if you update to 10.15.6 when it comes out). The ones you tried to install will likely be in there so you should then be able to tell which one you need to remove since it (or they) will have Atheros in the name.

-igfxdump is part of WhateverGreen.kext. It does not work in Windows.

For the USB stick, I guess WhateverGreen.kext needs to be in the Clover kexts folder. -igfxdump might not work from a USB stick since the /var/log folder is not persistent or writable or whatever in that case.

Maybe WhateverGreen.kext can be changed to dump info to nvram or other location? For example, -igfxfbdump puts information in the IO Registry. You can run ioreg from Terminal.app to view the result.

The dumps are stored in Hackintool so you generally don't need to dump anything.

Won't the dumps change for different OS or driver versions? Have they been updated from Big Sur yet?
For example, 10.15.6 has more framebuffers than 10.15.3 for Coffee Lake.

For example, 10.15.6 has more framebuffers than 10.15.3 for Coffee Lake.
The framebuffer for CFL has been updated in Hackintool. Since they don't change much between versions I only include the latest dumps.

So recently my HiDPI modes disappeared on my hackintosh despite having WhateverGreen and the "enable-hdmi20" property set booting from either Clover or OpenCore.

So I decided to try injecting the HiDPI modes and was successful so I will share the method below:

1. Run Hackintool and go to the Displays tab
2. For "Inject EDID:" select "Apple iMac Retina Display (16:9)"
3. For "Resolution:" Select "2K"
4. Click the + button to add the Scaled Resolutions
5. Click the Export button to export the files to your desktop
6. Go to the Utilities tab in Hackintool and select "Disable Gatekeeper and mount the disk in read/write mode"
7. Go to Finder and select Go->Go to Folder... and enter "/System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides"
8. Copy the "DisplayVendorID-XXXX" folder from your desktop to the Overrides folder merging them
9. Reboot and you should now hopefully have HiDPI modes restored!

Attachments

• FixHiDPi_01.png
    FixHiDPi_01.png
    310.9 KB · Views: 148
  • FixHiDPI_02.png
    FixHiDPI_02.png
    127.2 KB · Views: 155
  • FixHiDPI_03.png
    FixHiDPI_03.png
    75.1 KB · Views: 136
  • FixHiDPI_04.png
    FixHiDPI_04.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 130
  • FixHiDPI_05.png
    FixHiDPI_05.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 130
  • FixHiDPI_06.png
    FixHiDPI_06.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 145
  • FixHiDPI_07.png
    FixHiDPI_07.png
    276.5 KB · Views: 144
I have an issue with a notebook Huawei Intel Core i5 8250U and iGPU HD 620.
Acceleration works in Catalina.
The issues are two somehow related to the notebook display:
1 - When I unplug the HDMI cable from the notebook the internal monitor becomes black.
2 - If I sleep the notebook closing the lid then on wake from sleep the internal monitor wakes up but it's hugely dimmed and I cannot see well enough the interface. Sleep works, the wake from sleep works great both automatically and through the apple menu.

Any idea how to solve this?
Thanks.

I'm trying to use your tool on a gigabyte Z390M gaming MB. I was able to get accelerated graphics working according to The System Information report and the Hackintool, but I cannot get the Hackintool to show any highlighted connectors for either a connected HDMI monitor or connected DVI monitor.

I do not have a working video port on the MB nor do I have an external GPU. But I can use another Mac to "Share Screen" into the Z390 and operate the Hackintool "remotely".

Is this remote approach the reason that the connectors are not showing??? I wouldn't think so.

Any suggestions as to why no connectors are hilighted?

I'm trying to use your tool on a gigabyte Z390M gaming MB. I was able to get accelerated graphics working according to The System Information report and the Hackintool, but I cannot get the Hackintool to show any highlighted connectors for either a connected HDMI monitor or connected DVI monitor.

I do not have a working video port on the MB nor do I have an external GPU. But I can use another Mac to "Share Screen" into the Z390 and operate the Hackintool "remotely".

Is this remote approach the reason that the connectors are not showing??? I wouldn't think so.

Any suggestions as to why no connectors are hilighted?

You can try using the config.plist from my post #4 of my Z390 M Gaming thread. Link is below in my signature.

I've got three iterative questions about this piece of software that I'd be interested in trying.

1: What is the minimum required OS to run Hackintool?
2: Does there exist a version that runs on Mavericks 10.9.5?
3: If yes, where can I find it? The official github has downloadable version only down to 3.2.x and not any older.

Back