Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

EDIT2: I learned a lot in a short period of time and realize now that my questions below are naive (leaving them here so others don't feel so dumb about their questions). I ended up getting lucky in that I accidentally injected a bogus AAPL,ig-platform-id which prevented acceleration from loading and allowed the Catalina installer to boot to the install screen. After installing Catalina, I enabled sharing and was able to "remote" into my Catalina desktop until I found the correct combination of ig-platform-id and port types to produce a fully working system. My config.plist is attached and my system specs are below. The following were required for me to establish a working HackMini8,1:
  • Framebuffer-conX-type = 0x4 (DigitalDVI): needed for my DP->DVI adapters
  • AppleGraphicsDisplayPolicy patch: needed to permit multi-monitor on a MacMini8,1
System Specs
  • HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini (I7-8700T / UHD 630 / Q370 Chipset / 32GB DDR4 RAM)
  • 2 x NVMe SSD, 1 x SATA6 SSD
  • 3 x DP ports (using DP -> DVI adapters to multiple monitors)
  • 6 x USB 3.1, 1 x USB c 3.1
  • Clover r5118 (UEFI, SMBIOS MacModel MacMini 8,1)
  • macOS Catalina 10.15.4.02
-------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: If not possible to capture the "-gfxdump" when booting with a USB stick, can I capture the equivalent of "-gfxdump" in Windows 10?

Is it possible to capture a -igfxdump by booting with a USB stick? I tried but didn't find the dump file on the USB stick. Details below...

I am trying to install Catalina 10.15.4 on an HP EliteDesk 800 G4 (I7-8700T, UHD630, 3 x DP Ports, SMBIOS MacModel MacMini 8,1). All attempts boot to a black screen (screen goes black after progress bar and before login prompt). I suspect that I need to inject display device properties. If I understand Hackintool / Framebuffer Patching correctly, I need to capture a framebuffer dump with Lilu/WhateverGreen/-igfxdump and use Hackintool to create the Framebuffer patch from the imported dump.

If I can't boot to a viewable display, how do I use Hackintool to create my Clover config.plist Framebuffer patch? I created a bootable USB Catalina installer (Clover UEFI r5115) with bootarg -igfxdump but didn't find the framebuffer dump on the USB.

Thank you for any help.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
EDIT: If not possible to capture the "-gfxdump" when booting with a USB stick, can I capture the equivalent of "-gfxdump" in Windows 10?

Is it possible to capture a -igfxdump by booting with a USB stick? I tried but didn't find the dump file on the USB stick. Details below...

I am trying to install Catalina 10.15.4 on an HP EliteDesk 800 G4 (I7-8700T, UHD630, 3 x DP Ports, SMBIOS MacModel MacMini 8,1). All attempts boot to a black screen (screen goes black after progress bar and before login prompt). I suspect that I need to inject display device properties. If I understand Hackintool / Framebuffer Patching correctly, I need to capture a framebuffer dump with Lilu/WhateverGreen/-igfxdump and use Hackintool to create the Framebuffer patch from the imported dump.

If I can't boot to a viewable display, how do I use Hackintool to create my Clover config.plist Framebuffer patch? I created a bootable USB Catalina installer (Clover UEFI r5115) with bootarg -igfxdump but didn't find the framebuffer dump on the USB.

Thank you for any help.
-igfxdump is part of WhateverGreen.kext. It does not work in Windows.

For the USB stick, I guess WhateverGreen.kext needs to be in the Clover kexts folder. -igfxdump might not work from a USB stick since the /var/log folder is not persistent or writable or whatever in that case.

Maybe WhateverGreen.kext can be changed to dump info to nvram or other location? For example, -igfxfbdump puts information in the IO Registry. You can run ioreg from Terminal.app to view the result.

I have had no luck getting the Intel HD 530 IGPU to work with Catalina 10.15.4 on MSI laptop. It boots to Catalina with no issues, but Graphics shows "Display 8 MB" and I have tried several solutions so far to get the IGPU to work but no luck. I also don't even seen an option in the BIOS to enable/disable IGPU. The BIOS settings on this laptop are very limited.

Will the Hackintool fix this issue? With your guys expertise, what are the steps I should take when I only see "Display 8 MB?" I see others who say they see "Intel HD 530 7 MB" but I cannot even get any functionality out of the IGPU. Aside from getting the graphics and HDMI stuff to work, I also still need to figure out how to activate the sound on this laptop. Everything else is working though.

Also, I noticed that MultiBeast v8.2 for El Capitan has "Intel HD 530" as an option but that tool does not see my M.2 Samsung NVMe drive (which is what MacOS Catalina is installed to). Should I try installing El Capitan on this laptop just to see if the MultiBeast checkbox works or is the Hackintool my only hope?

Ideally, I would like to get either Mojave or Catalina to work for the sole purpose of using the dark mode when organizing my iTunes library. It's easier on my eyes and it's pretty much my only intended use for getting Hackintosh to work on my system.

Laptop Specs:

System: MSI GT73VR Titan
Skylake Processor: Intel Core i7 6820HK (HD 530)
Graphics (other): NVIDIA GTX 1080

I have a MSI laptop, GL73 9SC, and my Intel 630 works fine with 1536MB. Are you using the latest lilu + Whatevergreen? I'm on Mojave.

-igfxdump is part of WhateverGreen.kext. It does not work in Windows.

For the USB stick, I guess WhateverGreen.kext needs to be in the Clover kexts folder. -igfxdump might not work from a USB stick since the /var/log folder is not persistent or writable or whatever in that case.

Maybe WhateverGreen.kext can be changed to dump info to nvram or other location? For example, -igfxfbdump puts information in the IO Registry. You can run ioreg from Terminal.app to view the result.
How do I get io registry dump with black screen? Where about this dump stored?

Hi guys! Excuse me for a newbie question, this is my first Hackintosh and my first Mac. I erroneously installed Atheros Kexts from the Utility tab. How to remove them now?

Hi guys! Excuse me for a newbie question, this is my first Hackintosh and my first Mac. I erroneously installed Atheros Kexts from the Utility tab. How to remove them now?
delete them from /Library/Extensions

All the extensions from the installation log?

ATT0ExpressSASHBA2.kext
ACS6x.kext
SoftRAID.kext
HighPointI0P.kext
CalDigitHDProDrv.kext
HighPointRR.kext
ArcMSR.kext
ATT0CelerityFC8.kext
PromisesSTEX.kext
ATT0ExpressSASRAID2.kext

Remove all of them?

All the extensions from the installation log?

ATT0ExpressSASHBA2.kext
ACS6x.kext
SoftRAID.kext
HighPointI0P.kext
CalDigitHDProDrv.kext
HighPointRR.kext
ArcMSR.kext
ATT0CelerityFC8.kext
PromisesSTEX.kext
ATT0ExpressSASRAID2.kext

Remove all of them?
no, as they are macOS kexts

You are right, sorry, I didn't sort it out. I think, it tried to install

IO8021Family.kext

first removed it from /System/Library/Extensions, but I guess it couldn't do it because of SIP. The log is almost completely red (Operation not permitted). So, I guess, the installation was not successful.

Last edited:
@quicktrick,

Those are MacOS system kexts ... you should not delete them.
You just need to delete the Atheros kext.

Cheers
Jay

Back