Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

@soeryobadja,

The names that Hackintool assigns to PCIe devices come from an on-line PCIe PID/VID database
it is normal for a Haswell IGPU to get named as you state.

Yes, just edit the string value for the property "model" but make sure that it starts with "Intel" otherwise Intel Power Gadget will not detect the IGPU.

Cheers
Jay

@jaymonkey
Thanks for your advise. I have successfuly made the change.

The new version of hackintool is downloading Clover.app_v1.16_r5105.pkg.zip
to install Clover, but it installs a version of Clover in the Applications folder,
and does not give the usual installation choices for drivers and so on. It doesn't
look ready for prime time.

Clover_r5105.zip is the file you need to download... ;)

I was contacted by my web host who said I was exceeding my "unlimited bandwidth". After investigation Hackintool downloads seems to be the main culprit. They wanted me to upgrade my plan or take action like block China. Anyway I've successfully moved the download to Github and managed to maintain the auto download system. So below is the new official download link.

Download Hackintool

EDIT: The auto download system should already get the latest version from Github even if you don't manually download the new version. So in other words just keep updating the way you usually do!

Last edited:
Hackintool v2.2.0 Released
- Tools tab includes:
C. Install Kext to enable SATA HotPlug on Mojave again (thanks Sascha Lamprecht)

Hey Headkaze! One last question - this looks amazing as I'd love to enable HotPlug support in Catalina, but I don't see it anywhere in Hackintool. Am I just being blind, is it still there to be enabled?

Thanks!

Hey Headkaze! One last question - this looks amazing as I'd love to enable HotPlug support in Catalina, but I don't see it anywhere in Hackintool. Am I just being blind, is it still there to be enabled?

Thanks!
It's in the Utilities tab.

Do I need to configure the PCI-e card in Hackintool or is Hackintool purely for onboard chips?

@Enzo.F,

The most common way of configuring a AMD dGPU these days is via Lilu + WhatEverGreen or you can use Clovers legacy manual methods. There are no configuration options in Hackintool that effect AMD (or Nvida) dGPU's except for the option of dumping the PCIe information to populate the PCI info page in System Information but that is purely cosmetic.

Cheers
Jay

Hi Jay, do I have to edit the config.plist when using the Clover manual method? Or is placing the necessary kexts into the /EFI/Clover/kexts/other enough?

@Enzo.F,

We generally recommend using LilU + WEG rather than using Clovers legacy methods.

Over the last 12 months LilU + WEG's IGPU auto detect / auto configure features have improved a lot and many users can simply install the kexts and allow them sort out the IGPU configuration with out any changes to the config.plist.

If the auto detect / auto configure feature fails to correctly configure your IGPU then you can use Hackintool to generate the Device Properties to insert into your config.plist.

See the Lilu + Plug-in's guide for more information :-

Cheers
Jay

Back