Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

I did a fresh install of Catalina and installed kexts using Hackintool to L/E. I was expecting problems and/or a prompt to mount the root partition as read/write, but none of this happened and it just installed the kexts. Is mounting the root as read/write no longer needed? And what about disabling Gatekeeper? Also no longer needed? (no prompt for that either)

@XanderW,

You are correct in that Gatekeeper needs to be disabled and the system drive flagged as Read/Write to install kexts into /L/E on Catalina.

Hackintool automatically does this when you use the install kexts feature (on a Catalina system) so you only need to enter your admin password once. The process is documented in this guide :-

Cheers
Jay

@XanderW,

You are correct in that Gatekeeper needs to be disabled and the system drive flagged as Read/Write to install kexts into /L/E on Catalina.

Hackintool automatically does this when you use the install kexts feature (on a Catalina system) so you only need to enter your admin password once. The process is documented in this guide :-

Cheers
Jay

Thanks! I read that, but in fact none of this did happen when I installed the kexts. So I wonder: is mounting as read/write and disabling gatekeeper not needed anymore as of macOS 10.15.3? (I tested also using finder and I can just add/delete files in L/E without having to mount the system drive as read/write or without having to disable gatekeeper)

in fact none of this did happen when I installed the kexts. So I wonder: is mounting as read/write and disabling gatekeeper not needed anymore as of macOS 10.15.3?

@XanderW,

Hummm that does not sound right, Catalina 10.15.3 still needs Gatekeeper disabled and the system drive flagged as R/W in order to install kexts in to /L/E/.

Sounds like the drives permissions have been globally changed or SIP is completely disabled.

Cheers
Jay

HACKINTOOL
The Swiss army knife of vanilla Hackintoshing
Hi, headkaze, it's a great work! I have a suggestion, Boot and Extensions tabs have 3 buttons under the window. Refresh and Download are mutual buttons. Boot's button order is Download, Refresh whereas Extension's Refresh, Download. For consistency and UX I suggest Refresh - Download - X order for both of them or at least same order for both pages.

Btw, Boot Refresh button on v3.2.5 is no longer working for me.

Cheers

Hi, headkaze, it's a great work! I have a suggestion, Boot and Extensions tabs have 3 buttons under the window. Refresh and Download are mutual buttons. Boot's button order is Download, Refresh whereas Extension's Refresh, Download. For consistency and UX I suggest Refresh - Download - X order for both of them or at least same order for both pages.

Btw, Boot Refresh button on v3.2.5 is no longer working for me.

Cheers

There's a strange renumbering of version 5105 which is throwing it off.

Hello.

I am building my hackintosh using i5-4590T and Intel HD4600.

I am using platform-id 0x0D0220003 and spoof device-id to 0x412 for Intel HD Graphics 4600, but the patch generated state that it is "Intel Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller".

Is it normal? I want to have it specify as Intel HD4600 Graphics, is it just as simple as I changed the string to "Intel HD4600 Graphics" while keeping the other entry in the patch? I have used Hackintool v2.9 and already update to newest version, but both results the same, i.e. Intel Xeon etc etc.

The display works normal though, with Metal and QE/CI support.

Thank you.

There's a strange renumbering of version 5105 which is throwing it off.

The new version of hackintool is downloading Clover.app_v1.16_r5105.pkg.zip
to install Clover, but it installs a version of Clover in the Applications folder,
and does not give the usual installation choices for drivers and so on. It doesn't
look ready for prime time.

I am using platform-id 0x0D0220003 and spoof device-id to 0x412 for Intel HD Graphics 4600, but the patch generated state that it is "Intel Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller".

@soeryobadja,

The names that Hackintool assigns to PCIe devices come from an on-line PCIe PID/VID database
it is normal for a Haswell IGPU to get named as you state.

I want to have it specify as Intel HD4600 Graphics, is it just as simple as I changed the string to "Intel HD4600 Graphics" while keeping the other entry in the patch?

Yes, just edit the string value for the property "model" but make sure that it starts with "Intel" otherwise Intel Power Gadget will not detect the IGPU.

Cheers
Jay

Back