Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

There have been many updates to Hackintool lately but one of the main ones is the issue generating USBPorts.kext with correct EH01 and EH02 entries.

Since I no longer have a Hackintosh with these types of USB controllers I could not do any testing myself so it has been an issue in Hackintool for a while now.

@whatnameisit contacted me to offer assistance in giving advice and testing the necessary changes to get this working again. So big thanks to him in helping get this feature finally in working order.

@headkaze

Hi. Thanks for your awesome app it really helps simplify hackintoshing A LOT!

On Hackintool 3.02, it's not showing me all the available versions of kexts. Is this a problem on my end?

Screen Shot 2020-02-02 at 10.59.12 AM.png

Now I’m with v3.03. Does it finally install kexts to Clover/Kexts/Other?

Now I’m with v3.03. Does it finally install kexts to Clover/Kexts/Other?
Why do you need it to install kexts to C/L/O? You just mount your EFI partition and copy them there. You don't need to rebuild kext cache or repair permissions so I don't see why you need a tool to install them there?

For the record though using the Tools->Install kext(s) feature now opens a save panel so you can select the location.

I have a MacMini8,1. I installed Lilu and WhateverGreen (side problem: restart doesn't work anymore).

I tried changing FBLimit4KSourceSize (not using Clover or OpenCore - using my script to add device properties to nvram). I think the description for the FBLimit4KSourceSize flag needs to be modified. When it is set, it allows 4K or (5K with multilink). When it is not set, it allows less than 4K. I think it only affects the width (at least in the ValidateSourceSize function).

StolenMemorySize is the amount of memory allowed by a framebuffer ((width * 4 + 511) & ~512) * height. The usual value is 57 MB which is not enough for 4096x4096*4. macOS Intel graphics can create scaled resolutions up to 6720x3780 (I think 6720 is an artificial limit). I guess the framebuffer size that ValidateSourceSize is checking is the size after scaling.

A width of 5K works in Windows for 5120x1440 displays (single cable, HBR2). I'm not sure why macOS won't allow it (except for multilink displays).

I have a patch that allows timings with widths greater than 4096 but they may cause a crash or cause no image to appear. I was able to get an image for 4128x900@50Hz but not for 4130. I'm testing with a CRT using GTF timings. My VGA adapter is limited to 330 MHz (separate patch to remove 160 MHz limit).

I think the description for the FBLimit4KSourceSize flag needs to be modified.

The update would need to be done to IntelFramebuffer.bt which is the source of the flag descriptions. So I would submit an issue on Github or contact vit.

PS I like your updates to gfxtool :)

I’d like to ask;

I have a Z97 ASUS ROG Maximus VII Gene, and a Gigabyte USB3.1 Rev1 USB3.1 PCIe card (with a USB3.1 and USB C port)

my mobo has both an Intel and an Asmedia USB controller, and the controller on the PCIe card is also Asmedia.

When I’m setting up the 15 ports, I count both the integrated Intel and Asmedia ports towards that limit, but do I also count the two PCIe ports?

If I do count those, does the USB C count as two ports still (SS and HS ports?)

Thanks!

Back