Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

The tick is there because it detects the GFX0 in IORegistry. If it's an nVidia or AMD card it will incorrectly suggest the GFX0 to IGPU rename. Next release will fix this.

@headkaze,

Thanks for the confirmation buddy.

Cheers
Jay

Hackintool v2.6.6
- Added "Disable Gatekeeper and mount the disk in read/write mode" tool
- Change GFX0 to IGPU selection no longer shows for dGPU

As you can see by examining your PCI list, WhatEverGreen is working just fine as the IGPU is named "IGPU" and the dGPU is named "PEG0.GFX0" which is correct.
Thanks for the confirmation all is ok.

To answer your question you do not need to apply the renames in your config.plist as WhatEverGreen is already renaming the devices for you and you can go ahead and generate the patch code.
Do I need to generate the patch code? When I look at current framebuffer info it is set to the same one that I would patch to?

Hackintool v2.6.6
Awesome thanks - I will test this out later and the fix and above explanations should remove some of my confusion!

Do I need to generate the patch code? When I look at current framebuffer info it is set to the same one that I would patch to?
If the default platform id set by WhateverGreen is the one you want and you don't need any additional patching then you're good to go.

@phrozenpenguin,

As @headkaze wrote above if the default PlatformID set by WhatEverGreen is correct for your IGPU then you don't need to do anything else, however it doesn't do any harm to generate the patch and set the device properties in your config.plist, that way you can be 100% sure things are as you want them and not reliant on WEG getting things right all the time.

Cheers
Jay

Hackintool v2.6.6
Confirming this has worked for now not showing me a tick in the GFX0 to IGPU selection unlike my earlier screenshot. Thanks.

Is it possible to use Hackintool to sort the audio on the HP8300?

I have currently used the method described here and here which includes making a DSDT patch with edits to the HDEF section + IRQ fix, then setting audio-id to 11 and using Lilu and AppleALC kexts.

This method is working fine but if there is an easier way to do it using Hackintool that would be interesting.

Hello @headkaze Installed Kexts in Hackintool v2.6.6 is empty. The kexts version check doesn't work. Also "Rebuild KextCache and Repair Permissions" freeze and had to force quit. What can i do? Thanx for helping
Capture d’écran 2019-06-25 à 23.02.46.png
Capture d’écran 2019-06-25 à 22.23.41.png

Back