Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

I'm at a loss really. If you visit https://comsysto.github.io/Display-...or-with-HiDPI-Support-For-Scaled-Resolutions/ and enter 2560 x 1440 with hidpi unchecked it generates "<data>AAAKAAAABaA=</data>" which you have in the file you attached.
I think that DisplayProductID file is having *some* effect, because before I installed it, SwitchResX was only showing NTSC options in its menu popdown, and now it's showing HiDPI. The 2560x1440 I'm using with SwitchResX does cause slightly blurry/fuzzy type in menus and fonts, though. Strangely, the fuzziness isn't noticeable when I login over Apple Remote Desktop from my workplace iMac Pro and view my home desktop remotely... the blurriness is only noticeable on my screen when I'm sitting in front of it at home. BTW, I'm now using Hackintool 2.3.8 but the Generate Patch button is producing odd results (see attached screenshot), even when I'm deliberately making changes in Connector settings as a test. Also, it produces nothing at all if anything is checked in the far-right column of the General tab (Graphic Device, Audio Device, PCI Devices), again, even if I've deliberately made changes in the Connector settings as a test. And, finally.. in my case, should I check the new "Use Intel HDMI" item under Advanced tab?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 8.48.33 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 8.48.33 AM.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 167
Generate Patch button is producing odd results (see attached screenshot), even when I'm deliberately making changes in Connector settings as a test. Also, it produces nothing at all if anything is checked in the far-right column of the General tab (Graphic Device, Audio Device, PCI Devices), again, even if I've deliberately made changes in the Connector settings as a test. And, finally.. in my case, should I check the new "Use Intel HDMI" item under Advanced tab?
That is odd. I can't seem to replicate this issue at all. Can you run Hackintool.app/Contents/MacOS/Hackintool from Terminal and see if it spits out an error when you do the above?

As for "Use Intel HDMI" it really only applies to users with an dGPU. It works like this:
If TRUE, hda-gfx=onboard-1 will be injected into the GFX0 and HDEF devices. Also, if an ATI or Nvidia HDMI device is present, they'll be assigned to onboard-2. If FALSE, then ATI or Nvidia devices will get onboard-1 as well as the HDAU device if present.

Yep.. exactly the same result. FWIW I found and restored v.2.2.5 from Time Machine; that version still generates a normal Patch, see attached screenshot.

Attachments

• 225.jpg
    225.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 140
I'm looking for an error when you run it from Terminal. Also try downloading the latest version again.
Nothing I can see.. here's a screenshot of the Terminal window

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 1.35.51 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 1.35.51 PM.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 144
Nothing I can see.. here's a screenshot of the Terminal window
Actually those "unrecognized selector" are errors. I've uploaded what I think is a fix please download and try again. Thanks :)

Actually those "unrecognized selector" are errors. I've uploaded what I think is a fix please download and try again. Thanks :)
The Terminal log looks good now, but unfortunately the Patch is still problematic, see attached.

Attachments

• New.jpg
    New.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 248
The Terminal log looks good now, but unfortunately the Patch is still problematic, see attached.
You have to check Graphic Device, Audio Device or PCI Devices.

If you have see if any error shows in the Terminal log after clicking "Generate Patch"

You have to check Graphic Device, Audio Device or PCI Devices.

If you have see if any error shows in the Terminal log after clicking "Generate Patch"
Ah ok, that was it. Once I checked Graphic Device, generated Patch looks good. Thanks!

Back