Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

Where do I remove all of that from?
On the EFI partition /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.
They may not be there (it depends if you installed them).
Also on the system disk /Library/Extensions.

Do I need to mount the EFI partition, open the config.plist file in text editor and search for those values and remove them?
Bad idea to use a text editor to edit your config.plist - It can add invisible formatting characters that have no meaning in xml and corrupt the file rendering it useless.

Thanks for the replies. I've managed to get further now.

Using Clover Configurator to make the changes.

Up to Compile Lilu + WhateverGreen section but having some issues. Will continue googling and post back with any questions if I can't get it working.

Cheers

Any chance of being pointed in the right direction of how to compile whatevergreen/lilu?

I've tried the script but seems to be failing at this point.

xcodebuild -project ./Lilu/Lilu.xcodeproj -configuration Debug clean build ARCHS=x86_64 ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH=YES CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR=../Debug

It gets this error

xcode-select: error: tool 'xcodebuild' requires Xcode, but active developer directory '/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools' is a command line tools instance

Tried running these two commands
xcode-select --install # Install Command Line Tools if you haven't already.
sudo xcode-select --switch /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools # Enable command line tools

as per this https://github.com/nodejs/node-gyp/issues/569

but I still don't get any output in the Debug directory.

It gets this error

xcode-select: error: tool 'xcodebuild' requires Xcode
Have you actually installed Xcode (available free in the App Store) ?
Precompiled kexts are available via the Downloads link at the top of this page.

It looks like a great program but there isn't any clear instructions I can find on what to actually do with it...

Now that most of the features I wanted to add are in I do plan on improving the documentation in Hackintool.

Any chance of being pointed in the right direction of how to compile whatevergreen/lilu?

Hackintool can compile them (see screenshot).

1. Launch Hackintool
2. Click the Installed button at the top
3. Select the items you want to compile
4. Click the compile button
5. Wait for the compile to end (indicated by the progress bar)

It should create a folder on your desktop called Lilu_Build. In the Release folder will be the files you need (ie. Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext). Copy them to /L/E or /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other (depending on your configuration).

Attachments

• HackintoolCompile.png
    HackintoolCompile.png
    197.1 KB · Views: 299
Can anyone answer this for me please? Hackintosh newbie.
I did the USBPorts.kext and installed in properly. but is it supposed to be unloaded like this?

I did the USBPorts.kext and installed in properly. but is it supposed to be unloaded like this?View attachment 393189
Me too! IOReg explorer shows the kext has done it's job, but it's shown as not loaded; I'm confused!
Screenshot 2019-03-16 at 00.12.49.png
Screenshot 2019-03-16 at 00.21.13.png

I did the USBPorts.kext and installed in properly. but is it supposed to be unloaded like this?
Since it's a codeless kext it probably doesn't need to be "loaded".

Now that most of the features I wanted to add are in I do plan on improving the documentation in Hackintool.

Hackintool can compile them (see screenshot).

1. Launch Hackintool
2. Click the Installed button at the top
3. Select the items you want to compile
4. Click the compile button
5. Wait for the compile to end (indicated by the progress bar)

It should create a folder on your desktop called Lilu_Build. In the Release folder will be the files you need (ie. Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext). Copy them to /L/E or /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other (depending on your configuration).

Thanks for the info! I ended up just downloading the ktexts from the download section and managed to get it working! Graphics is getting properly detected, but the only issue I have now is that only VGA works (Not HDMI). I think the versions in the download section are a little old as when I use Hackintool and look at the installed kexts it says "Installed Version REL-126-2018-07-19 for Lilu". For some reason it doesn't say WhateverGreen is installed, even though the ktext file is in the EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder.

When I try and compile through Hackintool it says "Missing Xcode Tools", but when I try and run the installer it says its already installed

xcode-select: error: command line tools are already installed, use "Software Update" to install updates

I"m downloading the full installer from the App Store now so will see if that works.

PS. Thanks for the work you have put in to Hackintool.

Regards,
Peter

@headkaze Downloaded 2.1.1 and read through a bunch of pages. I have a few questions

1) I'm trying to figure out what platform ID, device ID, and renames I need to apply. I deleted all my ACPI patches, rebooted, and started HackinTool:

Am I seeing RECOMMENDED values or what is are in my SMBIOS config settings?

Next, I selected Mojave from the framebuffer menu:

Again, is the recommended platform ID for my setup? I am running headless.

Finally, I want to know what renames I should apply. I click on Clover and get this:

I am guessing those are the missing patches, so I applied them form this panel and they did show up in Clover Configurator. The thing is that even though the GFX0 to IGPU shows up in Clover configurator, Hackintool still says I need it. Is that be because I have the wrong platform ID?.

Awesome tool and please don't be frustrated with me, I understand very quickly if you explain it a very long time!

Last edited:
Back