Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

yes, you have to decide which ones you don't want to use
Got it...

Any idea why some of them don't work as expected (hs08 or hs03/hs04)?
I'm fine with some of the USB ports in the back being disabled but I'd like all the ones on the front to work normally.

Thanks again.
-a-

Apparently this is not doable on my z390-a rig which has 11 physical USB ports and 19 logical (virtual?) USB ports...
So I guess I'm forced to give up on some of the ports, right?
The Apple way recently is to keep taking things away. Headphone jack, nobody needs those in 2019. USB type A ports, way outdated. SD/MMC card slots. Who still uses those ? All you need is a single (or two) type C port that does everything, right ? Then after taking away what is really useful, they raise prices and give you a ridiculous touch bar to use. Seriously ? Then they want you to spend hundreds on adapters so that everything you used to use will still work. I know this primarily applies to Mac laptops but it's still a trend at Apple.

Last edited:
Hackintool v1.9.6 Released
- Disk display enhancements (icons / mount / unmount buttons)
Not a biggy, but would be useful to see the info for which physical store disk is used for which container scheme (as in diskutil list). Possible?

Not a biggy, but would be useful to see the info for which physical store disk is used for which container scheme (as in diskutil list). Possible?
Please try v1.9.8 it should show a link to the physical store for APFS containers.

Attachments

• APFSContainer.png
    APFSContainer.png
    502.2 KB · Views: 103
Just a question... I'va donde the USB patch, following all the instructions... but the hackintool app generates 3 files:
SSDT-UIAC.aml
SSDT-USBX.aml
USBPorts.kext

Do I need to put all that files in EFI folder for a right working of the USB ports? I mean: USBPorts.kext in EFI⁩ ▸ ⁨EFI⁩ ▸ ⁨CLOVER⁩ ▸ ⁨kexts⁩ ▸ others
and SSDT-UIAC.aml / SSDT-USBX.aml in EFI⁩ ▸ ⁨EFI⁩ ▸ ⁨CLOVER⁩ ▸ ⁨ACPI⁩ ▸ patched

for the moment, I did it like that and everything seems to work ok ... but I would like to know if it is necessary to put all the files or just the kext in EFI⁩ ▸ ⁨EFI⁩ ▸ ⁨CLOVER⁩ ▸ ⁨kexts⁩ ▸ others
or the aml files in EFI⁩ ▸ ⁨EFI⁩ ▸ ⁨CLOVER⁩ ▸ ⁨ACPI⁩ ▸ patched

Is it only one of the two options or should I do both?

many thanks!!

Just a question... I'va donde the USB patch, following all the instructions... but the hackintool app generates 3 files:
SSDT-UIAC.aml
SSDT-USBX.aml
USBPorts.kext

Do I need to put all that files in EFI folder for a right working of the USB ports? I mean: USBPorts.kext in EFI⁩ ▸ ⁨EFI⁩ ▸ ⁨CLOVER⁩ ▸ ⁨kexts⁩ ▸ others
and SSDT-UIAC.aml / SSDT-USBX.aml in EFI⁩ ▸ ⁨EFI⁩ ▸ ⁨CLOVER⁩ ▸ ⁨ACPI⁩ ▸ patched

for the moment, I did it like that and everything seems to work ok ... but I would like to know if it is necessary to put all the files or just the kext in EFI⁩ ▸ ⁨EFI⁩ ▸ ⁨CLOVER⁩ ▸ ⁨kexts⁩ ▸ others
or the aml files in EFI⁩ ▸ ⁨EFI⁩ ▸ ⁨CLOVER⁩ ▸ ⁨ACPI⁩ ▸ patched

Is it only one of the two options or should I do both?

many thanks!!
you can install USBPorts.kext to /Library/Extensions along with all your other kexts or you can just copy the aml files in clover/acpi/patched but you will probably need USBInjectAll.kext installed to /Library/Extensions as well

Ah, ok! But i have installed USBPorts.kext in EFI⁩ ▸ ⁨EFI⁩ ▸ ⁨CLOVER⁩ ▸ ⁨kexts⁩ ▸ others, not in /Library/Extensions
is it correct? I followed this guide with hackintool (in spanish): https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hackintool+usb

thanks!

you can install USBPorts.kext to /Library/Extensions along with all your other kexts or you can just copy the aml files in clover/acpi/patched but you will probably need USBInjectAll.kext installed to /Library/Extensions as well

Back