Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

@dgs57,

That fact that About This Mac is not showing a model type is a concern and should be sorted out first.

As I mentioned above I think the newer releases of VideoProc are now favour dGPU over IGPU if dGPU is quicker, try using VDADecoderChecker as mentioned/attached in the Guide to test if IGPU encode/decode is enabled (IQS).

What SMBIOS are you using ?

Please supply updated PR files as per this guide :-
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/

And i'll take a look and see if I can spot what might be wrong.

Cheers
Jay

I'm using iMac 15.1
do you advise me to change it in 14.2?

Attachments

• debug_6801.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 61
  • Schermata 2019-02-07 alle 16.25.48.png
    Schermata 2019-02-07 alle 16.25.48.png
    102.6 KB · Views: 45
I'm using iMac 15.1 ... do you advise me to change it in 14.2?

@dgs57,

iMac 15,1 is the correct SMBIOS for Haswell CPU ...

The error generated by VDADecoderChecker indicates that MacOs can not use IQS (Intel Quick Sync) on the IGPU so something is amiss .... will take a look at your debug files and see if i can spot anything.

Cheers
Jay

I'm using iMac 15.1 ... do you advise me to change it in 14.2?

@dgs57,

Hummm I think you need to check your Serial Number ... if its the same as the one in the backup copy of your config.plist (config-old.plist) then it does not mach a iMac 15,1 system and is invalid which will cause all sorts of problems ( i suspect thats its why your not seeing the model id in about this MAC)

Suggest you use this guide to generate a new serial number that matches a valid iMac15,1 system and passes Apple verification ....

Cheers
Jay

@dgs57,

Hummm I think you need to check your Serial Number ... if its the same as the one in the backup copy of your config.plist (config-old.plist) then it does not mach a iMac 15,1 system and is invalid which will cause all sorts of problems ( i suspect thats its why your not seeing the model id in about this MAC)

Suggest you use this guide to generate a new serial number that matches a valid iMac15,1 system and passes Apple verification ....

Cheers
Jay

Hi Jay,
I changed the serial number and smuiid, following the guide. Now the system specification appears in info, iMessage works regularly but VideoProc and VDADecoderChecker always report error

Attachments

• debug_2454.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 45
  • Schermata 2019-02-08 alle 00.03.53.png
    Schermata 2019-02-08 alle 00.03.53.png
    88.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Schermata 2019-02-08 alle 00.04.18.png
    Schermata 2019-02-08 alle 00.04.18.png
    225.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Schermata 2019-02-08 alle 00.05.36.png
    Schermata 2019-02-08 alle 00.05.36.png
    248.9 KB · Views: 63
I changed the serial number and smuiid, following the guide. Now the system specification appears in info, iMessage works regularly but VideoProc and VDADecoderChecker always report error

@dgs57,

Thats really strange, I have Z97 Motherboard with i7 4790K CPU and have no issues, there is not much difference between my Haswell system and yours except i'm now running a Vega 64 dGPU. However before the Vega 64 I was running a Nvidia GTX 980 Ti and the system still had no issues with hardware encode/decode so I don't think your dGPU has anything to do with it.

I'll fire up my Haswell system and do a compare to your Clover config and see if i can spot anything, i'm using my laptop away from home right now so won't be able to do it until later ....

Cheers
Jay

Update: I actually have a copy of the EF folder from my Haswell System on my laptop so I checked for any differences in config.plist .. the only things I have enabled which you don't is FixRegions and FixMutex :-

Don't know if that will help but worth a shot.

You are also missing a critical SSDT Hot-Patch that spoofs Darwin as Windows 2015 copy the attached file into /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched .. it might help.

Thats about all I can really suggest ....

Cheers
Jay

Attachments

• SSDT-XOSI.aml
    206 bytes · Views: 92
Last edited:
I'm going to try and be civil, but I'm really not happy with your utility. I have detailed some of the problems I encountered in previous posts, and the inaccuracies in your instructions.

After spending almost three hours, I was forced to return to my previous configuration for my USB ports on my system. This instruction -> -uia_exclude_hs boot flag and remove the -uia_exclude_ss boot flag <- is not accurate and does not work. This instruction, which is for the USB 3 section of this process managed to disable ALL of my USB 3 ports, meaning that when I rebooted no USB ports worked. No USB 2 ports and no USB 3 ports, none of them worked.

I tried other parameters for uia_include and uia_exclude and none really worked properly, so I reverted to my original EFI and magically, everything worked after that. It's not as nice as a single USB kext, but it sure beats rebooting the computer only to find NO USB ports work at all.

I would only say that you need to spend some time to get these parameters correct, with much greater detail and accuracy, and make significant improvements to your documentation. This was, all in all, a massive waste of my time.

I've never heard of -uia_exclude_ss disabling USB 2 ports. With the port limit patch no longer working all USB tutorials use these switches to configure ports in batches now. So if you were to follow some other tutorial such as RehabMan's I'm afraid you'd get the same result.

Not sure why you felt the need to "try and be civil". You didn't pay for the software or these forums so no one owes you anything. Being civil is expected here and I don't particularly care if you wasted your time or not. Hopefully you learnt something.

The word "civil" was not the best choice of wording and it probably should have been something like "fair". Apologies for that error. I was trying to detail some of the issues I had trying to use your software, with some suggestions as to how it could be improved. But, I thank you for the response. As for me, it's just not a fit, and I won't be posting here anymore. Best of luck with your software.

The word "civil" was not the best choice of wording and it probably should have been something like "fair". Apologies for that error. I was trying to detail some of the issues I had trying to use your software, with some suggestions as to how it could be improved. But, I thank you for the response. As for me, it's just not a fit, and I won't be posting here anymore. Best of luck with your software.

I was out of town recently so I've only just had the time to go over your posts. You are the first person whose experienced a reboot from running Hackintool. That does concern me.

I appreciate your suggestions and will take note of them. Since I work on it in my spare time and as a passion for the Hackintosh community I cannot always afford the time I would like on supporting it. I've recently updated Hacktintool to include various translations into other languages and while I agree the documentation is lacking I think I am making good strides in this area. Again thanks for your feedback and I will try my best to make Hackintool easier to use for everyone.

PS Please don't stop posting here. If you can provide any extra crash logs or information on how I can make Hackintool better I'd appreciate it. Also it would be beneficial to other users if we can find out why the -uia_exclude_ss flag disabled your USB 2 ports so we can find a way to prevent such a thing happening in the future. In other words perhaps your experience and wasted time could be beneficial to others and save others time.

Last edited:
@dgs57,

Thats really strange, I have Z97 Motherboard with i7 4790K CPU and have no issues, there is not much difference between my Haswell system and yours except i'm now running a Vega 64 dGPU. However before the Vega 64 I was running a Nvidia GTX 980 Ti and the system still had no issues with hardware encode/decode so I don't think your dGPU has anything to do with it.

I'll fire up my Haswell system and do a compare to your Clover config and see if i can spot anything, i'm using my laptop away from home right now so won't be able to do it until later ....

Cheers
Jay

Update: I actually have a copy of the EF folder from my Haswell System on my laptop so I checked for any differences in config.plist .. the only things I have enabled which you don't is FixRegions and FixMutex :-

View attachment 385816

Don't know if that will help but worth a shot.

You are also missing a critical SSDT Hot-Patch that spoofs Darwin as Windows 2015 copy the attached file into /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched .. it might help.

Thats about all I can really suggest ....

Cheers
Jay
[/CITAZIONE]

Hi Jay,
thanks for the tips.
I'm off-site for the weekend.
When I come back Monday afternoon I set the changes and update you.
good weekend to you too.
dgs57

I was following the USB patching instructions and ran across some weirdness with USB3. I couldn't actually get the USB3 device to be recognized when I plugged it in during that step. I skipped over it and moved on, but I feel like there's still some weirdness going on. I'm going to redo the instructions to make sure I didn't mess something up. Figured it out. I had disabled the KextsToPatch 15 to 24 port and PMHeart patches previously. I think in the instructions that should be mentioned, as I've clearly shown it to not be idiot-proof.

Also with the latest version 1.8.2, I couldn't actually export a config.plist out of the app, whereas I could previously using 1.7.8. Seems like a bug. I'm using 10.3.6.

Last edited:
Back