Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

You can determine which ports are active by plugging in monitors into each of your physical ports and seeing where they show in Intel FB-Patcher.

It's easy enough to disable connectors by setting Patch->Advanced->FB Port Limit.

Your sleep/wake issue may be caused by other factors also. Make sure you set your power management and USB ports correctly.

Thanks. For my case using just one HDMI port, does it mean if I set the FB Port Limit to 1, it will know which port I am using and disable all other connectors in the patch code?

You're the "3 Famous KextsToPatch" guy right? Well why not just copy the 3 patches from your old config to the Coffee Lake 0x3E9B0007 frame as you know it's a working layout for your system. Worth a try right?

So step by step you want to:
1. Launch Intel FB-Patcher
2. Select Framebuffer->macOS 10.13.6 (17G2112) menu option
3. Select IntelGen: Coffee Lake / PlatformId: 0x3E9B0007
4. Change the connectors as shown in my screenshot (double click each table cell and enter the value)
5. Tick Patch->General->Use AllData Method (optional)
6. Use Patch->Generate Patch button to check your patch looks okay
Should look something like this:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>
                BwCbPg==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con0-alldata</key>
                <data>
                AgISAAAIAACHAQAAAwQSAAAEAACHAQAAAQESAAAIAACH
                AQAA
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con0-enable</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </dict>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>
7. Use File->Export->Clover config.plist to export the patch to your config.plist
8. Reboot and cross your fingers

@RehabMan
@headkaze

Thanks so much for your help!!
I'll be on it very soon.
Then report.
Thanks again!

You're the "3 Famous KextsToPatch" guy right? Well why not just copy the 3 patches from your old config to the Coffee Lake 0x3E9B0007 frame as you know it's a working layout for your system. Worth a try right?

4. Change the connectors as shown in my screenshot (double click each table cell and enter the value)
Code:
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <dict>
                <data>
                BwCbPg==
                </data>
                <data>
                AQAA
                </data>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </dict>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>
7. Use File->Export->Clover config.plist to export the patch to your config.plist

I also the "3 Famous KextsToPatch" guy. My i5 8400 works well with the 3 patch. To use my 4k display, I turn to WhateverGreen way. Use the above config.plist, I get black screen on boot. It is same issue when I didn't apply the 3 KextsToPatch. Try many other configuration and same issue. I even try 59120000 ig-platform-id and didn't success.

And I found with FB-Patcher, I can't change bus id value and pipe as my screenshot.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.1 MB · Views: 219
  • 屏幕快照 2018-10-04 下午3.46.10.png
    屏幕快照 2018-10-04 下午3.46.10.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 241
And I found with FB-Patcher, I can't change bus id value and pipe as my screenshot.

You need to highlight the connector in the list first. Then click on the cell to edit it.

You need to highlight the connector in the list first. Then click on the cell to edit it.
Thanks, now I know how to edit: highlight and click. Double click will not work.
But it doesn't help since it will generate same config.plist as yours. Anyway thanks.

The attachment is my "KextsToPatch" way to driver uhd 630 successfully. It is working except hdmi 4k. It is quite different with the WhateverGreen.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.8 MB · Views: 220
One of the most useful apps I have ever come across. It was super easy to map out USB ports with this. I switched from using SSDT to the kext the app generated and it's working perfectly well.

Code:
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <dict>
                <data>
                BwCbPg==
                </data>
                <data>
                AQAA
                </data>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </dict>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Hi there headkaze.
Failure!
I tried 4 configurations but they all lead to the same issue after Apple logo monitor went into stand by mode.
I've attached the 4 different configurations.

- Your_Config.png = the configuration you shared in your post
- My_Config1.png = Config 1 test
- My_Config2.png = Config 2 test
- My_Config3.png = Config 3 test

Any idea left? I mean these last generation boards are a pain in the arse but sooner or later we have to make them work. What will be the Z390 or something could be based on these.

Attachments

• Your_Config.png
    Your_Config.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 218
  • My_Config1.png
    My_Config1.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 213
  • My_Config2.png
    My_Config2.png
    79.5 KB · Views: 223
  • My_Config3.png
    My_Config3.png
    86.3 KB · Views: 193
Thanks, now I know how to edit: highlight and click. Double click will not work.

It's a standard part of the macOS operating system so it's nothing I've written to make it work this way.

But it doesn't help since it will generate same config.plist as yours. Anyway thanks.

It was a long shot but worth a try.

Any idea left?

Yeah it was a long shot as we're dealing with a completely different framebuffer kext, frame and layout. Who created the original patch? Did they create it through trial and error or is there some method to the madness? I'd do a bit more research into it and maybe it can tell us more about why the patch is the way it is and possibly what you need for the new patch.

PS It would also be worth adding your GPU to your profile.

EDIT: I just noticed a bug in Intel FB-Patcher. It does not appear to be adding the framebuffer-patch-enable entry. I will do an update and release soon.

Last edited:
Intel FB-Patcher 1.4.6 Released
- Fixes. Added Framebuffer->macOS 10.14 (18A389) menu item. Added QE/CI and Metal support detection

NOTE: there was a bug in the previous release that could mean the generated patch was not right (Eg. Missing framebuffer-patch-enable entry). Apologies for any problems this may have caused.

Back