Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

Just tried v1.4.4 on Mojave and it's working now.

May I get some helps on how to patch the frame buffer to make my system sleep and wake up properly? e.g. disable some connectors?

See the connectors page in the attached screen capture - I only use this HDMI port for single display, and physically I have one VGA port and DVI port on my motherboard.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-10-01 at 5.57.11 PM.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-01 at 5.57.11 PM.png
    129 KB · Views: 244
  • Screenshot 2018-10-01 at 5.58.33 PM.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-01 at 5.58.33 PM.png
    114.2 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Thanks for the reply!

I understand the patches are for KBL and we're no longer spoofing such platform.
Thing is what on a Z370 leads to a perfectly working and easy iGPU implementation on a B360 leads to a stand by monitor, as it used to happen in HSierra btw.
Do you have any suggestion in how I could find a way to make this board gen work?
I also tried using FBPatcher to change number of ports to 2, patch connectors, independently from those KBL patches, but I'm kind of moving blind, attempting, without a wholistic understanding of the software implementation.

Thanks for your help.

Your profile says you're using AMD RX 580 for graphics anyway...

Your profile says you're using AMD RX 580 for graphics anyway...
I have many systems.
I'm struggling with B360 iGPU no graphics card.

I tried but the exported config.plist showed the same problem.
After Apple logo monitor goes into stand by mode.
In High Sierra there are 3 KextToPatch to add:
AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer Find 01050900 00040000 87010000 Replace 02021200 00080000 87010000
AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer Find 02040A00 00040000 87010000 Replace 03041200 00080000 87010000
AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer Find 03060A00 00040000 87010000 Replace 01011200 00080000 87010000

I've attached the tested config.plist so you/someone can maybe make a bit more sense of the patches I tried.
Thanks for your help.

I have many systems.
I'm struggling with B360 iGPU no graphics card.

Such mass reorg of the framebuffer connectors can be done with framebuffer-conX-alldata.
The specifics depend on the ig-platform-id you're using and the data already present (eg. whether there is an LVDS at position 0 or not).

May I get some helps on how to patch the frame buffer to make my system sleep and wake up properly? e.g. disable some connectors?

You can determine which ports are active by plugging in monitors into each of your physical ports and seeing where they show in Intel FB-Patcher.

It's easy enough to disable connectors by setting Patch->Advanced->FB Port Limit.

Your sleep/wake issue may be caused by other factors also. Make sure you set your power management and USB ports correctly.

Such mass reorg of the framebuffer connectors can be done with framebuffer-conX-alldata.
The specifics depend on the ig-platform-id you're using and the data already present (eg. whether there is an LVDS at position 0 or not).

Thanks for your reply!!
The ig-platform-id 3E9B0007 is the only one that boots properly then at Apple logo the monitor goes into stand by, but behind the system runs.
What is it a " LVDS at position 0"?

Once it's established the use of ig-platform-id 3E9B0007 what's the next step?

Should I do something like:
AAPL,ig-platform-id: 07009B3E
framebuffer-conX-enable: 01000000
framebuffer-conX-alldata: ?????????

Why you know so many things?
:crazy:

Thanks for your reply!!
The ig-platform-id 3E9B0007 is the only one that boots properly then at Apple logo the monitor goes into stand by, but behind the system runs.
What is it a " LVDS at position 0"?

Should I do something like:
AAPL,ig-platform-id: 07009B3E
framebuffer-conX-enable: 01000000
framebuffer-conX-alldata: ?????????

Why you know so many things?
:crazy:

You will need to start by getting a platform list dump so you can see what is in it to begin with...
See recent discussion here regarding my platform_dump branch/fork:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/

You can either use the -igfxdump boot flag or try the Framebuffer->macOS 10.13.6 (17G2112) menu option in FB-Patcher and patch from there. RehabMan also provides an unofficial release of WEG which can create a binary dump (using a script he provides) which Intel FB-Patcher should be able to open also.

Once RehabMan's changes are merged with master I'll add support for reading the data directly from ioreg so you won't have to run a script to extract it first. But until then I recommend you just use the menu option and patch that way.

RehabMan also provides an unofficial release of WEG which can create a binary dump (using a script he provides) which Intel FB-Patcher should be able to open also.

Please note I didn't provide any prebuilt kext. Those that want use it must build from source until it is merged/released.

You're the "3 Famous KextsToPatch" guy right? Well why not just copy the 3 patches from your old config to the Coffee Lake 0x3E9B0007 frame as you know it's a working layout for your system. Worth a try right?

So step by step you want to:
1. Launch Intel FB-Patcher
2. Select Framebuffer->macOS 10.13.6 (17G2112) menu option
3. Select IntelGen: Coffee Lake / PlatformId: 0x3E9B0007
4. Change the connectors as shown in my screenshot (double click each table cell and enter the value)
5. Tick Patch->General->Use AllData Method (optional)
6. Use Patch->Generate Patch button to check your patch looks okay
Should look something like this:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>
                BwCbPg==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con0-alldata</key>
                <data>
                AgISAAAIAACHAQAAAwQSAAAEAACHAQAAAQESAAAIAACH
                AQAA
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con0-enable</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </dict>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>
7. Use File->Export->Clover config.plist to export the patch to your config.plist
8. Reboot and cross your fingers

Attachments

• 3FamousKextsToPatch3.png
    3FamousKextsToPatch3.png
    727 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
Back