Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

I have USBInjectAll

If you're trying to use your own codeless kext for port injection, you should not be using USBInjectAll.kext (it is used for port discovery only)

If you're trying to use your own codeless kext for port injection, you should not be using USBInjectAll.kext (it is used for port discovery only)

I'm confused, then:
USB Port Patching
1. Apply the Port Limit patch (in Patch->Advanced) then File->Export->Clover config.plist
2. Place the USBInjectAll.kext into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
3. You may also need XHCI-200-series-injector.kext, XHCI-300-series-injector.kext or XHCI-x99-injector.kext depending on your Intel chipset
4. Reboot your machine and then run Intel FB-Patcher again
5. Go to the General->USB tab (see screenshot) and plug and unplug a USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 device into each USB port on your system. The ports that are active will remain highlighted

Am I not supposed to have USBInjectAll in the beginning to allow FB-Patcher to see all ports?

Am I not supposed to have USBInjectAll in the beginning to allow FB-Patcher to see all ports?

At the beginning of the process, yes, you use USBInjectAll.kext (that is port discovery).
After creating an installing the codeless kext, you remove USBInjectAll.kext.

Hello there,

I have successfully used the tool to create the USB kext for my board, but for some reason, it doesn't want to load any ig-platform-id for my build.. Strangely enough, my system doesn't boot with regular 0x3E920003, I have to change it to 0x3E920000 for my system to boot.

Any ideas? Cheers

Update: While I couldn't get FB-Patcher to see my ports, IORegistryExplorer was working, so I used a blank USBPower.kext and added the necessary ports using a process similar to the creation of the SSDT-USB described here and it seems to be working well.

If anyone else is running a ASUS Strix Z370-E board, I'm attaching my USBPower.kext. HS03/04 and SS03/04 are the front USB ports attached to the internal header.

@headkaze or @RehabMan - do we still need the SSDT-USBX.aml for usb power injection if we're using the USBPower kext for port management?

Attachments

• USBPower.kext.zip
    2 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Update: While I couldn't get FB-Patcher to see my ports, IORegistryExplorer was working, so I used a blank USBPower.kext and added the necessary ports using a process similar to the creation of the SSDT-USB described here and it seems to be working well.

If anyone else is running a ASUS Strix Z370-E board, I'm attaching my USBPower.kext. HS03/04 and SS03/04 are the front USB ports attached to the internal header.

@headkaze or @RehabMan - do we still need the SSDT-USBX.aml for usb power injection if we're using the USBPower kext for port management?

Port injection (your "USBPower.kext" [a bit of poor naming]) has nothing to do with USB power property via USBX/EC.

Hey, running on the latest mojave release. Used the tool for device id and AAPL,ig-platform-id and everything went smoothly. I am trying this guide for usb port patching but i am facing some difficulties:

1) I disabled port limit exactly like the way you describe
2) I downloaded latest usbinjectall.kext and moved it to efi/clover/kexts/other
3) i restarted my hack

I reopened fbpatcher tool and browsed to general -> usb tab

Unfortunately nothing is showing up(screenshot attached below). Is it because the port limit patch is not applied as i use mojave?

P.S For enabling charging ipads with usb i have followed another (power) user's guide in the tonymac threads and:

- i applied patch Change EC0 to EC in acpi clover section
- I have a ssdt-usbx.aml file installed on efi/clover/acpi/patched/

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-09-25 at 22.59.29.png
    Screenshot 2018-09-25 at 22.59.29.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 154
  • censored-config.plist
    23.5 KB · Views: 186
Hey, running on the latest mojave release. Used the tool for device id and AAPL,ig-platform-id and everything went smoothly. I am trying this guide for usb port patching but i am facing some difficulties:

1) I disabled port limit exactly like the way you describe
2) I downloaded latest usbinjectall.kext and moved it to efi/clover/kexts/other
3) i restarted my hack

I reopened fbpatcher tool and browsed to general -> usb tab

Unfortunately nothing is showing up(screenshot attached below). Is it because the port limit patch is not applied as i use mojave?

P.S For enabling charging ipads with usb i have followed another (power) user's guide in the tonymac threads and:

- i applied patch Change EC0 to EC in acpi clover section
- I have a ssdt-usbx.aml file installed on efi/clover/acpi/patched/

Thanks in advance :)
you need to have the port patch enabled

you need to have the port patch enabled
I am sorry for the misunderstanding, i meant that i have applied the "disable port limit in XHCI kext (credit PMHeart)" patch as stated in this tutorial's steps. So this patch is indeed enabled and the usbinjectall.kext placed on efi/clover/kexts/other. But i cannot see anything on the general -> usb tab

Back