Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aero 15X v8-BK4K4P
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 1070
It looks like a great program but there isn't any clear instructions I can find on what to actually do with it...
Now that most of the features I wanted to add are in I do plan on improving the documentation in Hackintool.

Any chance of being pointed in the right direction of how to compile whatevergreen/lilu?
Hackintool can compile them (see screenshot).

1. Launch Hackintool
2. Click the Installed button at the top
3. Select the items you want to compile
4. Click the compile button
5. Wait for the compile to end (indicated by the progress bar)

It should create a folder on your desktop called Lilu_Build. In the Release folder will be the files you need (ie. Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext). Copy them to /L/E or /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other (depending on your configuration).

Attachments

Motherboard
Asus ROG Maximus X Hero
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700k
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX Vega 64
Can anyone answer this for me please? Hackintosh newbie.
I did the USBPorts.kext and installed in properly. but is it supposed to be unloaded like this?

Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G
CPU
i7 8700
Graphics
UHD 630
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I did the USBPorts.kext and installed in properly. but is it supposed to be unloaded like this?View attachment 393189
Me too! IOReg explorer shows the kext has done it's job, but it's shown as not loaded; I'm confused!
Screenshot 2019-03-16 at 00.12.49.png
Screenshot 2019-03-16 at 00.21.13.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aero 15X v8-BK4K4P
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 1070
I did the USBPorts.kext and installed in properly. but is it supposed to be unloaded like this?
Since it's a codeless kext it probably doesn't need to be "loaded".

Motherboard
Gigabyte H370M-D3H
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
iOS
Now that most of the features I wanted to add are in I do plan on improving the documentation in Hackintool.

Hackintool can compile them (see screenshot).

1. Launch Hackintool
2. Click the Installed button at the top
3. Select the items you want to compile
4. Click the compile button
5. Wait for the compile to end (indicated by the progress bar)

It should create a folder on your desktop called Lilu_Build. In the Release folder will be the files you need (ie. Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext). Copy them to /L/E or /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other (depending on your configuration).

Thanks for the info! I ended up just downloading the ktexts from the download section and managed to get it working! Graphics is getting properly detected, but the only issue I have now is that only VGA works (Not HDMI). I think the versions in the download section are a little old as when I use Hackintool and look at the installed kexts it says "Installed Version REL-126-2018-07-19 for Lilu". For some reason it doesn't say WhateverGreen is installed, even though the ktext file is in the EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder.

When I try and compile through Hackintool it says "Missing Xcode Tools", but when I try and run the installer it says its already installed

xcode-select: error: command line tools are already installed, use "Software Update" to install updates

I"m downloading the full installer from the App Store now so will see if that works.

PS. Thanks for the work you have put in to Hackintool.

Regards,
Peter

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z390 I-Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook
Classic Mac
512K, iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
@headkaze Downloaded 2.1.1 and read through a bunch of pages. I have a few questions

1) I'm trying to figure out what platform ID, device ID, and renames I need to apply. I deleted all my ACPI patches, rebooted, and started HackinTool:

Am I seeing RECOMMENDED values or what is are in my SMBIOS config settings?

Next, I selected Mojave from the framebuffer menu:

Again, is the recommended platform ID for my setup? I am running headless.

Finally, I want to know what renames I should apply. I click on Clover and get this:

I am guessing those are the missing patches, so I applied them form this panel and they did show up in Clover Configurator. The thing is that even though the GFX0 to IGPU shows up in Clover configurator, Hackintool still says I need it. Is that be because I have the wrong platform ID?.

Awesome tool and please don't be frustrated with me, I understand very quickly if you explain it a very long time!

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mobile Phone
Android
Can Hackintool help fix my wireless mouse and keyboard lag? They are connected via a USB dongle.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z390 I-Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook
Classic Mac
512K, iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Can Hackintool help fix my wireless mouse and keyboard lag? They are connected via a USB dongle.
HackinTool is a diagnostic tool / patcher so best it can do is help you create an SSDT, which you probably didn't do. Mind you if this mornings experiment works, you can try patching.

How much lag are we talking about? Gaming type lag or anyone would notice type of lag?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mobile Phone
Android
HackinTool is a diagnostic tool / patcher so best it can do is help you create an SSDT, which you probably didn't do. Mind you if this mornings experiment works, you can try patching.

How much lag are we talking about? Gaming type lag or anyone would notice type of lag?
I definitely didn't create an SSDT lol. I'll look into doing that tonight. It's anyone would notice type lag when browsing the internet and doing normal things. I don't game on my hackintosh.