Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

:banghead::banghead::banghead::lol::oops:

Is there any way to download Hackintool v1.8.2 again?

Hi @headkaze )

The new guidelines for USB (since hackintool1.9.4) do not specify anymore that renames (EHC1->EH01 and EHC2->EH02) should be reverted (or disabled) at the end of the procedure.

Is this a mistake (renames should be disabled))?
Or is this right (renames should be maintained)?

Thanks,
-a-

The hardware in your profile has no EHCI controller at all. Therefore EHCx->EH0x renames are not applicable anyway.

If your hardware did have an EHCI controller (7, 8, 9-series chipset), the renames must be kept for as it is required by USBInjectAll.kext. If you're not using USBInjectAll.kext, then your ACPI names for the ECHI controller (if you had hardware with one), must match the names as coded in the Info.plist of your port injector kext.

The hardware in your profile has no EHCI controller at all. Therefore EHCx->EH0x renames are not applicable anyway.

If your hardware did have an EHCI controller (7, 8, 9-series chipset), the renames must be kept for as it is required by USBInjectAll.kext. If you're not using USBInjectAll.kext, then your ACPI names for the ECHI controller (if you had hardware with one), must match the names as coded in the Info.plist of your port injector kext.
My hardware is Z97-A and has both ehc1 and ehc2.
I follow the guidelines of hackintool and only use usbinjectall transiently in order to generate USBports.Kext.

Previous versions of hackintool said to remove the renames after deleting usbinjectall. Current version doesn't. Hence my question.

Thanks
-a-

Attachments

• HackintoolCloverPatches.png
    HackintoolCloverPatches.png
    507.5 KB · Views: 186
At some point when I plug the USB3.0 device everywhere (maybe when I plug it into the USB-C port, not sure) I get the following:
That's obviously not right but you're also using an old version of Hackintool. Please use the "Check for Updates..." menu.

Attachments

• HackintoolUpdate.png
    HackintoolUpdate.png
    214.1 KB · Views: 157
Might be worth creating a new thread for the MountEFI utility in Forums/General Help and making it a sticky which you can use as a place to download the latest version from, change log ... etc.
Happy to hear you like the utility. I made a post here if you want to pin it.

Previous versions of hackintool said to remove the renames after deleting usbinjectall. Current version doesn't. Hence my question.

Depends on how your USB injector kext is coded.

Depends on how your USB injector kext is coded.
Thank you :)

Are there multiple ways to perform renames? Or are they dependent on the hardware/software/platform/whatever?
If not, can you confirm that I can trust this way of renaming XHCI->XHC_?
Thank you very much
-a-

Are there multiple ways to perform renames?

There are multiple ways, but the best is to use config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches.
Of course, there is no need to rename XHCI->XHC, assuming your USB injector kext is coded correctly.
If you have a specific question regarding your setup, you should attach problem reporting files.

There are 2 ports , USR1 and USR2 on my laptop.
What are they for ? Should I disable them ?

You should disable any port that is inactive.

Back