Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

Nice app! However, I think it might need renaming because it does more than what the name suggests (USB, audio, etc).

Yeah I have thought of renaming it to Hackintool. What do people think?

Also, you should add support for USB Type-C ports (UsbConnector=9 or 10). It says "Reserve".

I don't include all types as I want to keep it as simple as possible for users but the ACPI spec I read didn't include this info so it must have been old. I will add these two port types soon, thanks.

Yeah I have thought of renaming it to Hackintool. What do people think?
Have you thought about breaking it down into multiple small apps? I'm not a big fan of AIO tools xD

I don't include all types as I want to keep it as simple as possible for users but the ACPI spec I read didn't include this info so it must have been old. I will add these two port types soon, thanks.
Thanks!

I wish I could update Intel FB-Patcher to support Mojave's Dark Mode but compiling it with Xcode 10 breaks the USB device detection when running on macOS < 10.14. I'm not the only developer with this issue and I've reported it to the Apple dev forums but as of yet there is no solution.

I wish I could update Intel FB-Patcher to support Mojave's Dark Mode but compiling it with Xcode 10 breaks the USB device detection when running on macOS < 10.14. I'm not the only developer with this issue and I've reported it to the Apple dev forums but as of yet there is no solution.

Compile using SDK 10.13, and copy the necessary things you need for dark mode out of SDK 10.14 into private sources?

Compile using SDK 10.13, and copy the necessary things you need for dark mode out of SDK 10.14 into private sources?

It's probably a workable solution although I would prefer Apple fix their **** lol

It's probably a workable solution although I would prefer Apple fix their **** lol

LOL...

Apple just wants to force everyone to target only 10.14 with 10.14 SDK with Xcode 10.
Their friendliness for targeting old versions while enabling new features on the latest is not very good.

@headkaze ,thank you for this amazing guide.
I am a little confused by one part of USB injection.

The instruction says "If it uses the same HSxx/SSxx in both orientations, then it has an internal switch (use "TypeC+Sw")".
My situation is when I plug a USB 2.0 in typeC, HS04 calls; and when I plug a USB3.0 in typeC, SS04 calls. Does it mean the typeC uses the same port and should set "TypeC+Sw"?
Thanks for you help.

@headkaze ,thank you for this amazing guide.
I am a little confused by one part of USB injection.

The instruction says "If it uses the same HSxx/SSxx in both orientations, then it has an internal switch (use "TypeC+Sw")".
My situation is when I plug a USB 2.0 in typeC, HS04 calls; and when I plug a USB3.0 in typeC, SS04 calls. Does it mean the typeC uses the same port and should set "TypeC+Sw"?
Thanks for you help.

Test the USB3 in both orientations. If both orientations use SS04, then it is "with switch". If it uses a different SSxx for each orientation, then it is "without switch".

using FBPatcher 1.4.0 under Mojave GM- but nothing gots detected: need help and usb too....

I'm having a similar problem with 1.4.1 - only SS01/SS02 get detected (and only sometimes), which I believe is my keyboard, plugged in from boot. Nothing updates when I change what is plugged into USB.

I'm trying to use this tool instead of my SSDT-USB. I believe I'm following all instructions - I've removed all USB SSDTs from /Clover/ACPI/patched, undid the -uia_exclude argument, enabled the port limit patch, and I have USBInjectAll and XHCI-200... in /Clover/kexts/Other.

ioreg attached.

Thanks for all of your work on this!

Attachments

• ioreg.txt
    4.3 MB · Views: 881
Last edited:
Back