Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

Need full PR files to compare the two different scenarios
debug_weg: WhateverGreen.kext, config.plist/Devices/Properties/...
debug_ssdt: SSDT-HDMI-HD4600, config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/Azul DP2HDMI (RehabMan hot plug fix)
have no hardware with HDAU 0x0c0c, therefore no way to test AppleALC handling of it
TimeWalker patch, works with my HD4600/Desktop (weg and ssdt)
know that I needed FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext on my NUC7
Have not seen the problem with HD530/Desktop

Attachments

• debug_ssdt.zip
    15.7 MB · Views: 90
  • debug_weg.zip
    15.7 MB · Views: 88
debug_weg: WhateverGreen.kext, config.plist/Devices/Properties/...
debug_ssdt: SSDT-HDMI-HD4600, config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/Azul DP2HDMI (RehabMan hot plug fix)

TimeWalker patch, works with my HD4600/Desktop (weg and ssdt)

Have not seen the problem with HD530/Desktop

In debug_weg.zip, B0D3->HDAU rename is missing from config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches.
Also missing GFX0->IGPU rename.

In debug_weg.zip, B0D3->HDAU rename is missing from config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches.
Also missing GFX0->IGPU rename.
[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen/Post #1:
Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 1.51.37 PM.png
Both patches added
debug_weg2: no change, DP audio, no HDMI audio
IOReg/IGPU/Port 0x7: av-signal-type is not correct (weg/con2)

Attachments

• debug_weg2.zip
    15.4 MB · Views: 96
New issue, any reason why WEG does not support both Intel HDMI audio codecs?

Sorry I have not been much help in your case. FB-Patcher is a configuration tool and does not do any of the heavy lifting. If there is an issue with Lilu/WEG/AppleALC it's best to make a post on the insanely forums.

I do not agree with the advice, however.

I agree the renaming does not seem reliable. I will update the docs.

EDIT: Looks like I already did update the docs.
GFX0toIGPU.png

USB Port Patching
TypeC:
- If it uses the same HSxx/SSxx in both orientations, then it has an internal switch (use "TypeC+Sw")
- If it uses a different HSxx/SSxx in each orientation, then it has no switch (use "TypeC")
To me this is still confusing. My ENVY 13 has 2 old school USB ports and two Type C ports, where also an external monitor can be connected.

When I connect USB2 device to the old style USB they connect to HS01 or HS03. I mark those as USB2 ports. right?
When USB2 device is connected to the left USB-C port, it connects to HS02. --> USB2
When USB2 or USB 3 device is connected to the right USB-C it connects to HS04. Also external Monitor works here via HDMI adapter. --> TypeC+SW?
When USB2 device is connected to the left USB-C it connects to HS02 (OK USB2 as above), an USB3 device connects to SS02. What's that? USB3 or TypeC? The external monitor works also here.

I have a little problem on one of my my USB3 port (SS06), it does not detect USB3 devices but does detect USB2 devices.
See my exported file attached.
Both, my system and FB patcher does not see it. Any reason for that ?
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 86
To me this is still confusing. My ENVY 13 has 2 old school USB ports and two Type C ports, where also an external monitor can be connected.

When I connect USB2 device to the old style USB they connect to HS01 or HS03. I mark those as USB2 ports. right?
When USB2 device is connected to the left USB-C port, it connects to HS02. --> USB2
When USB2 or USB 3 device is connected to the right USB-C it connects to HS04. Also external Monitor works here via HDMI adapter. --> TypeC+SW?
When USB2 device is connected to the left USB-C it connects to HS02 (OK USB2 as above), an USB3 device connects to SS02. What's that? USB3 or TypeC? The external monitor works also here.

The switch vs. no switch has nothing to do with USB type-C and USB2 devices.
The switch only comes into play for USB3 devices.
Use a USB type-C->USB3 adapter and a USB3 device (I use a USB3 hub that happens to have a type-C adapter cable) and test in both orientations. If you find different SSxx port is used for each orientation, the type-C is without a switch. If it uses the same SSxx port for both orientations it is with switch.

I have a little problem on one of my my USB3 port (SS06), it does not detect USB3 devices but does detect USB2 devices.
See my exported file attached.
Both, my system and FB patcher does not see it. Any reason for that ?
Thanks for your help.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Use a USB type-C->USB3 adapter and a USB3 device (I use a USB3 hub that happens to have a type-C adapter cable) and test in both orientations.
Yes, actually I have one and that's how I tested. What is actually meant by "orientation", USB2 or USB3 or to flip the adapter? (Sorry, I'm not native English speaker)

If you find different SSxx port is used for each orientation, the type-C is without a switch. If it uses the same SSxx port for both orientations it is with switch.
I assume understanding what is orientation in this context might be crucial... But I didn't think about flipping the adapter around and test it. If that's the solution then I'm stunned.

And one more thing: what is the preferable way to deal with USB, this or the one from your guides, SSDT+USBInjectAll?

Thanks

Back