CPU
i5-3470, i5-3570, i5-3570K
Graphics
RX 560, RX 570, GT730
Mac
Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
There's a strange renumbering of version 5105 which is throwing it off.
The new version of hackintool is downloading Clover.app_v1.16_r5105.pkg.zip
to install Clover, but it installs a version of Clover in the Applications folder,
and does not give the usual installation choices for drivers and so on. It doesn't
look ready for prime time.

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I am using platform-id 0x0D0220003 and spoof device-id to 0x412 for Intel HD Graphics 4600, but the patch generated state that it is "Intel Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller".

@soeryobadja,

The names that Hackintool assigns to PCIe devices come from an on-line PCIe PID/VID database
it is normal for a Haswell IGPU to get named as you state.

I want to have it specify as Intel HD4600 Graphics, is it just as simple as I changed the string to "Intel HD4600 Graphics" while keeping the other entry in the patch?

Yes, just edit the string value for the property "model" but make sure that it starts with "Intel" otherwise Intel Power Gadget will not detect the IGPU.

Cheers
Jay

Motherboard
Asus Z390A Prime
CPU
i5-8600
Graphics
UHD 630 + RX 580
Mobile Phone
Android
@soeryobadja,

The names that Hackintool assigns to PCIe devices come from an on-line PCIe PID/VID database
it is normal for a Haswell IGPU to get named as you state.

Yes, just edit the string value for the property "model" but make sure that it starts with "Intel" otherwise Intel Power Gadget will not detect the IGPU.

Cheers
Jay
@jaymonkey
Thanks for your advise. I have successfuly made the change.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Powercolor RX 5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
The new version of hackintool is downloading Clover.app_v1.16_r5105.pkg.zip
to install Clover, but it installs a version of Clover in the Applications folder,
and does not give the usual installation choices for drivers and so on. It doesn't
look ready for prime time.
Clover_r5105.zip is the file you need to download... ;)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aero 15X v8-BK4K4P
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 1070
I was contacted by my web host who said I was exceeding my "unlimited bandwidth". After investigation Hackintool downloads seems to be the main culprit. They wanted me to upgrade my plan or take action like block China. Anyway I've successfully moved the download to Github and managed to maintain the auto download system. So below is the new official download link.

Download Hackintool

EDIT: The auto download system should already get the latest version from Github even if you don't manually download the new version. So in other words just keep updating the way you usually do!

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VII Gene
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac mini
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hackintool v2.2.0 Released
- Tools tab includes:
C. Install Kext to enable SATA HotPlug on Mojave again (thanks Sascha Lamprecht)
Hey Headkaze! One last question - this looks amazing as I'd love to enable HotPlug support in Catalina, but I don't see it anywhere in Hackintool. Am I just being blind, is it still there to be enabled?

Thanks!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aero 15X v8-BK4K4P
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 1070
Hey Headkaze! One last question - this looks amazing as I'd love to enable HotPlug support in Catalina, but I don't see it anywhere in Hackintool. Am I just being blind, is it still there to be enabled?

Thanks!
It's in the Utilities tab.

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Do I need to configure the PCI-e card in Hackintool or is Hackintool purely for onboard chips?

@Enzo.F,

The most common way of configuring a AMD dGPU these days is via Lilu + WhatEverGreen or you can use Clovers legacy manual methods. There are no configuration options in Hackintool that effect AMD (or Nvida) dGPU's except for the option of dumping the PCIe information to populate the PCI info page in System Information but that is purely cosmetic.

Cheers
Jay