Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

@headkaze I’ve noticed that while 3.08 added Location IDs to the USB ports (which is nice!) none of them match with IOReg - I.E.:

Hackintool: SS01 = 0x14C00000
IOReg: 0x14C000000 = HS12
Hackintool: HS12 = 0x14900000
IOReg: 0x14900000 = HS09

And so on and so forth. If there’s anything I can provide to help debug anything, please me know!

Can you please try this version and let me know if it solves your issue.

So it does work better now, after some system tweaking, but there's one last "bug" - but it comes down to quirk of my system.

I have 8 ports that share the same location. The ports that are struck through show up in IOReg, but do not translate to physical ports.

HS01 - SS03
HS02 - SS04
HS03
- SS05
HS04 - SS06

Hackintool 3.04 showed all 8 of these ports, allowing me to delete the ones that don't actually exist. 3.08 only shows the SS ports, which doesn't allow me to set HS01 and HS02 as usable ports. The screenshots are a little confusing, but it shows what I'm talking about.

Hope it helps - like I said it's an off case due to the weird set up of my motherboard.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Fox’s iMac.ioreg
    4.3 MB · Views: 91
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 12.28.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 12.28.19 PM.png
    508.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
I have 8 ports that share the same location.
One of the recent changes I made was to use the locationID as a unique identifier which judging by your configuration was not the best idea. So now I've changed it to only use the "Type" and "Port" since the locationID is not used when exporting anyway. Can you please try this version and let me know if it works for you?

Last edited:
I have 8 ports that share the same location. The ports that are struck through show up in IOReg, but do not translate to physical ports.

HS01 - SS03
HS02 - SS04
HS03
- SS05
HS04 - SS06
One of the recent changes I made was to use the locationID as a unique identifier which judging by your configuration was not the best idea. So now I've changed it to only use the "Type" and "Port" since the locationID is not used when exporting anyway. Can you please try this version and let me know if it works for you?

Hi both. Great to see you collaborating on this...

I think it puzzles me why the *.ioreg export shows that there is no EH02 controller present and yet the Hackintool screengrabs show it is - and populated o_O The Location IDs are all zeros though. From what I can see there the EH01 controller looks more 'normal'. This is making me feel that EH02 is actually a 'ghost'.

Location IDs on the XHC controller need to run on consecutively. Usually they jump to 15 after 14f etc.

P.S - the ASMedia ports are hanging on RP05 so well clear.

:)

That works, thank you! Now they all show up "properly" again, as you can see in the screenshot.

Now to figure out why SS02 is showing up as "AppleUSBXHCI Root Hub Simulation" haha. But that is not a Hackintool problem, as it appears in 3.04 as well. EDIT: I just tried plugging a USB 3 thumb drive into SS02. "AppleUSBXHCI Root Hub Simulation" was immediately replaced by the name of the device (which works properly and mounts to the desktop). If I refresh Hackintool, SS02 returns to "AppleUSBXHCI Root Hub Simulation" even with the drive still plugged in. Is this a Hackintool or ASUS bug?

Thank you so much for the quick response and work @headkaze!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 4.48.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 4.48.37 PM.png
    384 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Hi both. Great to see you collaborating on this...

I think it puzzles me why the *.ioreg export shows that there is no EH02 controller present and yet the Hackintool screengrabs show it is - and populated o_O The Location IDs are all zeros though. From what I can see there the EH01 controller looks more 'normal'. This is making me feel that EH02 is actually a 'ghost'.

Location IDs on the XHC controller need to run on consecutively. Usually they jump to 15 after 14f etc.

:)

Yeah, it is strange! EH02 showed up after I reset my BIOS to default settings and reset it from scratch.

... why SS02 is showing up as "AppleUSBXHCI Root Hub Simulation" ...

Probably because it has the same Location ID as the XHC root ... See my comment above :)

I think it puzzles me why the *.ioreg export shows that there is no EH02 controller present and yet the Hackintool screengrabs show it is - and populated o_O
Hackintool stores USB ports so they can be done in batches as per the instructions. So what you may be seeing are ports from a previous boot or from an import; they're not necessarily what's currently in IORegistry. You can click the "Clear All" then "Refresh" buttons to get a fresh list from IORegistry.

After Mojave was released RehabMan added boot arguments to USBInjectAll to configure them in batches rather than use port limit patches. These days though I recommend ignoring the instructions and just using the port limit patches as they're much easier.

Back