Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

Very nice! and tks!

Hi

I am facing 2 issues and was wondering if Hackintool could help on this:
1. Overscan when connecting to my TV
2. Black screen with a GT710 and Mojave

My config : Gigabyte H67MA-UD2H-B3 with a i3-2105 (Sandy Bridge) with HD3000 and a GT710 for Mojave, clover 4920 in legacy mode, SMBIOS 14.1, display for testing is a Dell P2217H with DisplayPort and HDMI and Sony TV via HDMI as the target display.

1. Overscan :
When TV is on the HD3000, I was able to fix the overscan by changing the value of pscn key in /var/db/.com.apple.iokit.graphics from 10000 (default value) to 9834 (similar to the effect of the sliding screen size that was on Mavericks bu then disappeared)
When TV is on the GT710, I have no pscn key but instead oscn with a value of 0. I tried to replace to pscn/9834 but on next boot, the oscn key was back and overscan still there.

Can hackintool help on this ? I found "Fix Monitor Ranges" on the Display tab ? What does this option and how does it works ?

2. Black screen GT710 and Mojave
this GPU is reported as OOB with Mojave but on my setup is does on HS but give me a black screen on Mojave. I installed HS and it worked, I installed Mojave with the HD3000 so I know it is operational. But when I swa to GT710, I have a black screen.
I found reports on issues linked to SMBIOS so i tried various but without sucess. System is up and running but there is simply no display, I do not know what change between HS and Mojave?

Can Hackintool help me on this ?

Thanks for your help

@headkaze I have a couple of questions. What's new with your latest Hackintool 2.8.7 release? Also, I noticed that now when I check the status of the installed kexts, codeccommander shows is superseded by AppleALC. Does that means that we don't need codeccommander anymore and AppleALC will do the job of codeccommander (updating EAPD state on HDA) And if this is the case, how AppleALC is handling this and is there a new boot argument to be use with AppleALC to make this work?

@headkaze I have a couple of questions. What's new with your latest Hackintool 2.8.7 release? Also, I noticed that now when I check the status of the installed kexts, codeccommander shows is superseded by AppleALC. Does that means that we don't need codeccommander anymore and AppleALC will do the job of codeccommander (updating EAPD state on HDA) And if this is the case, how AppleALC is handling this and is there a new boot argument to be use with AppleALC to make this work?
had the same issue with CodecCommader and found I still needed it for ALCPlugfix and hda-verb

then i changed my layoutID from 3 to 11 (your system may vary) and found CodecCommander was no longer needed, also hda-verb and ALCPlugfix not needed either

@headkaze Is there an option to specify the directory where the Hackintool_Build folder goes instead of the Desktop when building kexts?

Since upgrading to 10.15.2, I get build failures with trying to run codesign because the source code/built kexts have extended attributes that I can't get rid of. It's likely due to the fact I have iCloud Documents/Desktop syncing enabled and it's putting extended attributes on the files that can't get cleared.

Only way I could get a clean build is to symlink the Hackintool_Build folder in Desktop to some other location on the filesystem and rerun the build.

sorry for the noob question. but it drive me crazy. what is the meening of the padlock at the bottom left of the hackintool ? what is used for? i used the tool to patch my Intel HD630 and the USB Ports of my ASUS maximus IX hero but... i dont' know if the padlock is locked has any impact in the results. (my usb ports dont seem to operate as intended)

Hi

I am facing 2 issues and was wondering if Hackintool could help on this:
1. Overscan when connecting to my TV
2. Black screen with a GT710 and Mojave

My config : Gigabyte H67MA-UD2H-B3 with a i3-2105 (Sandy Bridge) with HD3000 and a GT710 for Mojave, clover 4920 in legacy mode, SMBIOS 14.1, display for testing is a Dell P2217H with DisplayPort and HDMI and Sony TV via HDMI as the target display.

1. Overscan :
When TV is on the HD3000, I was able to fix the overscan by changing the value of pscn key in /var/db/.com.apple.iokit.graphics from 10000 (default value) to 9834 (similar to the effect of the sliding screen size that was on Mavericks bu then disappeared)
When TV is on the GT710, I have no pscn key but instead oscn with a value of 0. I tried to replace to pscn/9834 but on next boot, the oscn key was back and overscan still there.

Can hackintool help on this ? I found "Fix Monitor Ranges" on the Display tab ? What does this option and how does it works ?

2. Black screen GT710 and Mojave
this GPU is reported as OOB with Mojave but on my setup is does on HS but give me a black screen on Mojave. I installed HS and it worked, I installed Mojave with the HD3000 so I know it is operational. But when I swa to GT710, I have a black screen.
I found reports on issues linked to SMBIOS so i tried various but without sucess. System is up and running but there is simply no display, I do not know what change between HS and Mojave?

Can Hackintool help me on this ?

Thanks for your help

Some updates.

On point 2, I end up reinstalling Mojave and use a minimal config.plist and Mojave is now booting properly with my GT710. Apparently, my initial installation was corrupted.

On point 1, Mojave and GT710 give also overscan with my TV Sony KDL-32V2500 (via HMDI or DVI/HDMI) and I found no solution to fix it even following https://ishan.co/external-monitor-underscan which was working with HS and the HD3000. apparently using the GT710 forces oscn key.

As I still do not know if hackintool could help me on this using the Display Tab, I had to move to VGA between the GT710 and the TV to get the native resolution 1366x768 (no option on the TV to disable the overscan).

Last edited:
@headkaze,

The Acidanthera have a new Lilu plugin which just got it's first public release :-

Any chance this be added to Hackintool's kexts version check utility ?

Cheers
Jay

sorry for the noob question. but it drive me crazy. what is the meening of the padlock at the bottom left of the hackintool ? what is used for? i used the tool to patch my Intel HD630 and the USB Ports of my ASUS maximus IX hero but... i dont' know if the padlock is locked has any impact in the results. (my usb ports dont seem to operate as intended)
Some functions in Hackintool require admin rights but most don't. It will prompt you if it needs them.

Back