Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

I'm not aware of a way to get the kext versions without using kextstat which I don't want to do because calling into a shell command is slow. If you know of an alternative way let me know. In the meantime I did a little update which will color your up-to-date kexts green or red if they're not.
that sounds good!

i came across this a few weeks back that scans kexts that are installed on the system and downloads them:

2.1.6 is showing WhateverGreen current is 1.2.8 but only 1.2.7 is on GitHub??

nice :)
is there a way for the installed version list to look like the current version list. ie

Lilu -> installed version -1.3.5 > current version 1.3.5 ? :)
I decided to go ahead and use kextstat to get the versions now.

Attachments

• HackintoolInstalled.png
    HackintoolInstalled.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 250
2.1.6 is showing WhateverGreen current is 1.2.8 but only 1.2.7 is on GitHub??
Yes it shows the latest version on the repo. If you place a tick next to WhateverGreen and click the "Compile" button it will compile the latest version to the desktop.

Very cool functionality. Will it automatically copy it over after?
Not yet but the next two features will be "Install Kext" and "Rebuild KextCache" functions.

I am trying to add NCT6798D to SMCSuperIO. Coding is done and trying to build but keep getting unable to find utility "nasm", not a developer tool or in PATH. I did download and install the developer tools but I noticed I had the same error when using Hackintool to build but it asked me to install them and it compiled.

I already have the /opt/local/bin directory but nothing is in there.

How do I fix that permanently?

Edit: All good.

Last edited:
Back