Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

Is this?

Addition: The XCH side is aware. EHC does not seem to recognize.

View attachment 450698

you did not rename the device EHC1/2 to EH01/2, you are now using macOS internal USB injector rather than USBInjectAll to enable all the EHC1/2 ports, (USBInjectAll need these device to work : EH01/EH02)

by default iMac13,2 will inject these ports
EHC1.PRT1.PRT1
EHC1.PRT1.PRT3
EHC1.PRT1.PRT8

(ioreg device name) Hackintools name
EHC1.PRT1.PRT1 -> HP11
EHC1.PRT1.PRT3 -> HP13
EHC1.PRT1.PRT8 -> HP18

read the instructions :

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 18.34.14.png

you did not rename the device EHC1/2 to EH01/2, you are now using macOS internal USB injector rather than USBInjectAll to enable all the EHC1/2 ports, (USBInjectAll need these device to work : EH01/EH02)

EDIT:
USBPorts.kext is created, @itwas Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
1) my five XHC controllers are missing from the list (four Thunderbolt 3 and one ASM1142).
Is there an explanation for this?

I cannot find this keyword "AppleUSBAlternateServiceRegistryID " in the IO registry on macOS 10.12

macOS 10.15 is ok
AppleUSBAlternateServiceRegistryID exists in High Sierra (10.13). I've read that it should exist in El Capitan (10.11) when Apple started duplicating USB devices. I should check ioreg in my other OS versions.

Is there an explanation for this?

AppleUSBAlternateServiceRegistryID exists in High Sierra (10.13). I've read that it should exist in El Capitan (10.11) when Apple started duplicating USB devices. I should check ioreg in my other OS versions.

I don't know, maybe you should not use SMBIOS MacPro3,1, it is very old mac model, your mainboard is using 100-series chipset, MacPro3,1 hardware configuration do not fitting your hardware, maybe they don't like each other, MacPro3,1 may ask the question : What is thunderbolt ? (thunderbolt interface was introduced in 2011, MacPro3,1 (2008))

I don't know, maybe you should not use SMBIOS MacPro3,1, it is very old mac model, your mainboard is using 100-series chipset, MacPro3,1 hardware configuration do not fitting your hardware, maybe they don't like each other, MacPro3,1 may ask the question : What is thunderbolt ? (thunderbolt interface was introduced in 2011, MacPro3,1 (2008))
I have a real MacPro3,1. I posted my ioreg. All the controllers appear in the ioreg so Hackintool should be able to see them. I used Hackintool on this old Mac to see what it would say about my setup. I am asking headkaze what the criteria is for including USB controllers in the USB tab.

I have a real MacPro3,1. I posted my ioreg. All the controllers appear in the ioreg so Hackintool should be able to see them. I used Hackintool on this old Mac to see what it would say about my setup. I am asking headkaze what the criteria is for including USB controllers in the USB tab.
Previously it would list the USB controllers based on the USB ports it found. I just released v3.1.7 that will enumerate the USB controllers separately to the USB ports. So now all your controllers should be listed. Can you confirm?

Previously it would list the USB controllers based on the USB ports it found. I just released v3.1.7 that will enumerate the USB controllers separately to the USB ports. So now all your controllers should be listed. Can you confirm?
Yes, all the controllers are now listed. Next question is, why are their ports not listed?

- Would be nice if the controller's list was resized to fit the number of controllers (I have 10 controllers).
- The Type column needs to be resized for controllers that don't have an ACPI name.
- I have two of the same controller. I think including Location ID (at least first two digits) will differentiate them in the USB controller list.
Hackintool 3.1.7 USB 1.png
Hackintool 3.1.7 USB 2.png

Next question is, why are their ports not listed?
It lists all ports conforming to the AppleUSBHostPort class and if the're hosted by an AppleUSBHub classed object they will only be listed if they're either AppleUSB20InternalHub or AppleUSB20InternalIntelHub. ie. External hub ports are not listed because they do not need to be explicitly configured.

Yes, all the controllers are now listed. Next question is, why are their ports not listed?

- Would be nice if the controller's list was resized to fit the number of controllers (I have 10 controllers).
- The Type column needs to be resized for controllers that don't have an ACPI name.
- I have two of the same controller. I think including Location ID (at least first two digits) will differentiate them in the USB controller list.
View attachment 450863
View attachment 450864

Yes, forgive me butting in, but why try to configure non-Intel ports? You can have as many controllers as you like, as long as the manufacturer offers appropriate drivers, and if they don't then they are beyond the ken of macOS anyway. It will just see them as external, give them PCI power and let them do their own thing, probably going out-of-bounds now and then without driver support.

ACPI patching would be like shoe-horning builders' boots into a pair of ballet-shoes.o_O

Last edited:
It lists all ports conforming to the AppleUSBHostPort class and if the're hosted by an AppleUSBHub classed object they will only be listed if they're either AppleUSB20InternalHub or AppleUSB20InternalIntelHub. ie. External hub ports are not listed because they do not need to be explicitly configured.
I think there's still something missing from this explanation.

My XHCI ports are AppleUSBHostPort hosted by AppleUSBHostController.
The EHCI, UHC1, UHC2, UHC3, UHC4 are also AppleUSBHostController.

The only AppleUSBHub I have is connected to PRT3 of EHCI.

I don't have any AppleUSB20InternalHub or AppleUSB20InternalIntelHub but Hackintool lists all the ports of the EHCI and UHC*.

Hackintool lists all the ports in the MacMini8,1 (except those of the T2 Bridge Controller IOBC) which has the Intel XHCI and the two Thunderbolt XHCIs so I'm wondering what the difference is between those XHCIs and the XHCIs of my MacPro3,1.

Yes, forgive me butting in, but why try to configure non-Intel ports?
I'm not trying to configure non-Intel ports. But maybe I would in the future - or maybe someone else with a similarly unexpected configuration. My questions are about the intent of the USB tab in Hackintool - why it should list some host ports but not others - there could be a bug depending on the answer.

Back