Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

I have a Z97 ASUS ROG Maximus VII Gene, and a Gigabyte USB3.1 Rev1 USB3.1 PCIe card (with a USB3.1 and USB C port)

my mobo has both an Intel and an Asmedia USB controller, and the controller on the PCIe card is also Asmedia.

When I’m setting up the 15 ports, I count both the integrated Intel and Asmedia ports towards that limit, but do I also count the two PCIe ports?

If I do count those, does the USB C count as two ports still (SS and HS ports?)
Each USB controller gets its own count. You don't add them together. For most USB controllers (Asmedia, Thunderbolt, Fresco Logic, etc), the count is usually less than 15 so they don't matter (for example, an Asmedia ASM1142 has four ports).

It's only the Intel chipset controllers with USB 3.0 that may have more than 15 ports (USB 3.x ports count as two ports whether they are USB-A or USB-C).

Each USB controller gets its own count. You don't add them together. For most USB controllers (Asmedia, Thunderbolt, Fresco Logic, etc), the count is usually less than 15 so they don't matter (for example, an Asmedia ASM1142 has four ports).

It's only the Intel chipset controllers with USB 3.0 that may have more than 15 ports (USB 3.x ports count as two ports whether they are USB-A or USB-C).

Neat! The Asmedia ASM1142 is actually the chip that my PCIe card uses hah.

I still need to generate my USB kext, correct, even if I don’t have 15 ports in each controller? And do I need to generate one for each, only for the Intel, or just make one total (I can live with only 15 ports total across all three controllers - I use several USB hubs anyway, so ports on the machine itself are not at a premium.

According to my manual:

Intel - 4x USB 3, 7x USB 2 (that’s 15 ports)
Asmedia - 2x USB 3 (that’s 4 ports)

PCIe/Asmedia - 2x USB 3.1 (that’s 4 ports)
so

So that’s 23 ports total, and I can easily remove 6 of them (unused internal ports).

Thank you so much for the help! I’m currently using USBInjectall, which I’ve used for the last 5 years haha. I really want to get this sorted out so I can hopefully finally fix my hack’s inability to sleep!

I still need to generate my USB kext, correct, even if I don’t have 15 ports in each controller? And do I need to generate one for each, only for the Intel, or just make one total (I can live with only 15 ports total across all three controllers - I use several USB hubs anyway, so ports on the machine itself are not at a premium.

I’m currently using USBInjectall, which I’ve used for the last 5 years haha. I really want to get this sorted out so I can hopefully finally fix my hack’s inability to sleep!
I've only created USB changes for Intel chipset XHCI controller. I use USBInjectall with some exclude boot args to get a count of 15 ports.

There might be benefits for making changes to the other controllers but I haven't done it (questions about sleep, power, etc.).

I've only created USB changes for Intel chipset XHCI controller. I use USBInjectall with some exclude boot args to get a count of 15 ports.

There might be benefits for making changes to the other controllers but I haven't done it (questions about sleep, power, etc.).

Fair enough! I wonder if I even need to do anything since I already have only 15 ports on the Intel controller?But then that means my sleep issues are related to something else...

@headkaze Hey thanks so much for all the effort you and Headsoft put into Hackintool. It's one of my favorite utilities and my main go-to for checking for kext updates and "looking under the hood" of my system whenever I have an issue pop up. My apologies if this has already been discussed in a previous post but my one minor quibble with the app is that its default window size is kind of small on my 4k monitor and I find myself always stretching it to size whenever I open it. Being more of a hardware guy than a programmer, I don't know if it's even an easy fix or not to somehow have Hackintool save the application window (re)size on quit?. Anyway, thanks again for a great tool and your involvement in the Hackintosh community through Tonymac x86.

hello

regression in v3.0.5 on Z10 with skylake mojave 10.4.6 with last secure 2020-001
-patch skylake -> VRAM , Framebuffer

and
-kext installed (a version is not showing as before, ine green, one lost)

it was the same case 2 version before (v3.0.3)

thanks to make diff and see how it impact (display or information to display)

I have a MacMini8,1. I installed Lilu and WhateverGreen (side problem: restart doesn't work anymore).

if you stumble upon a fix, could you let us know? I have use this smbios too

if you stumble upon a fix, could you let us know? I have use this smbios too
Mine is a real MacMini8,1 (not a hackintosh). I was using WhateverGreen to test some frame buffer patches. If I find time to debug this reboot problem, I'll post a fix. But it will probably be a long time.

Back