CPU
i7-7700k
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks, got it now. I must have just had an incomplete zip file!

P1LGRIM - I didn't need to change the setting to Anywhere - which is lucky as I don't seem to have that option!

Motherboard
Lenovo Ideapad 310-I5ISK
CPU
i7-6600U
Graphics
HD 520 + GTX 920MX | 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
iOS
any advise on how to disable dgpu using hackintool?

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I didn't need to change the setting to Anywhere - which is lucky as I don't seem to have that option

@illuzion,

More current releases of MacOS (Sierra +) hide the "Allow from Anywhere" option in Gate Keeper.
Execute the following command in Terminal to enable the option :-

Code:
sudo spctl --master-disable

Cheers
Jay

JoQ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5
CPU
i7-4770k
Graphics
R9 290
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Is there any difference in using USBPorts.kext compared to using SSDT-UIAC.aml ?
What has the best compatibility when updating the OS?

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Is there any difference in using USBPorts.kext compared to using SSDT-UIAC.aml ?What has the best compatibility when updating the OS?

@JoQ,

There is no difference between them in terms of what they do,

SSDT-UIAC.aml acts as a configuration for USBInjectAll.kext (which must be installed) and has the advantage that it can be easily edited if necessary ... where as USBPorts.kext combines both SSDT-UIAC.aml and USBInjectAll.kext into one kext but is not so easily edited ... (must be re-generated by Hackintool)

USBInjectALL.kext + SSDT-UIAC.aml came first and was developed by @RehabMan and is basis for all current USB solutions.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Motherboard
Lenovo y50
CPU
i7 4710HQ
Graphics
HD 4600/GTX 860M
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
can this be used to turn your laptop screen off and only display external monitor ?

Also this is a long shot but could this be used to make a usb--> HDMI connector work that is not supported by mac ?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aero 15X v8-BK4K4P
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 1070 Max-Q / 4K
any advise on how to disable dgpu using hackintool?
Under Patch->Patch->Advanced there is an option called "Disable eGPU" which just sets the "disable-external-gpu" value for WhateverGreen.

JoQ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5
CPU
i7-4770k
Graphics
R9 290
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Used you amazing tool to do the USB port patching.
I have a Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5 motherboard. And I followed the instructions to do the patching.
And everything seemed to work great. Except I have been noticing that sometimes my USB ports cut out. So I can be typing on my Apple Keyboard (USB) and all of a sudden it wont register my inputs, and after 3 seconds it works again.
Now I noticed that my headset (connected via USB) just lost connection, and was removed from audio devices. But checking System information I could see that it was visible. And I think the same thing happened here, it did loose connection, and was removed from audio devices, and when it got connection again it did not reappear.

Does this have to do with the USB Patching?
I did not notice this when using USBInjectAll.kext.

I removed USBInjectAll.kext and used USBPorts.kext instead, as per instructions. Should I use the SSDT-UIAC.aml instead?

Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370F
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
UHD630
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hello, thank you for the tool!

I have a question about USB port patching. I carefully followed the guide on USB tab and created the patch. My motherboard asus z370-F has additional usb controller (1 x type-c, 1 x 3.1) called ASM2142. Should I do some renaming stuff for this device? Or I have to disable 4 HS/SS ports in order to not pass the limit? I tried to remove all PRT* ports and export the patch, but they still appears after reboot and refresh the ports list. If I don't remove them my machine wakes up immediately after falling asleep.

mb: z370f
cpu: 8700k
igpu: uhd 630 / DP / 4k
bt: BCM943602CS

Also, should BT's devices wake machine? I am unable to do that with my magic trackpad and logitech BT keyboard.

EFI: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gx862fg6ygrac4/EFI.zip?dl=0

Attachments