Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

That's fine. I still can do what I need to do, so it's no big deal.

i have a doubt or a quick question
usb 2.0 count as 1 and usb 3.0 count as 2

my question is what about usb 3.1 , do they counts as 2 just like usb 3.0?
or are they excluded from the port count

supposedly Asmedia controller do not count
even if they work on your system as usb 3.0 or usb 3.1

but i'm not sure about that one
i got everything working and setup nicely

i have 4 usb 3.0 and 4 usb 3.1 but i think my usb 3.1 are Asmedia
i tested the speed and everything way they way it should

all the ports are also backward compatible

usb 3.1 recognized usb 3.0 and also usb 2.0
it assign the device to the right hub

usb 3.0 also accept usb 2.0
it also accept usb 3.1 but it will lower the speed to 3.0

to get 3.1 speed you have to connect the 3.1 device to the 3.1 port. duh, lol

i only left one usb 2.0 from the board because i have a pic-e wifi card with bluetooth
so even if the Asmedia controller count
that will be what 4+4+1=9

i deleted usbinjectall.kext and remove the port limit patch
now i can boot mac os from a usb 3.1 adapter with an ssd drive
i use that as an spare emergency backup
i also install mac os using a usb type c adapter
before i couldn't boot the installer from any usb
2.0, 3.0, 3.1, usb type c
but now it works with everything

thanks for the excellent tool
if anyone can answer my question i appreciate but i think the highest number is 9
maybe the usb type c also counts but i'm pretty sure i'm still under 11
the max just in case

thanks

The reason the instructions don't include the port limit patch method is because the patches change so often and because the patches were added to Hackintool after they were written. I plan on updating the instructions to include them at some point though. It's really just a matter of time and since I donate it for free it's not always a priority in my life (ie. This project does not help me pay my bills or feed my family)

I can understand that, nobody works for free, Feel free to ask for help anytime, I'm also a busy person, but I'll help. Do you want me to draft the instructions for this particular maeter? So you can check them later and make little changes.

It shows the patch based on your macOS version. So for me it shows the macOS 10.15 patches and for you it shows the macOS 10.14 patches.

I'm not quite sure, I installed mojave 10.5.14 and my ports weren´t working at that time either. Then Upgraded to 10.14.5 and, then applied the patch with the hackintool. Look at this screeenshot:

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 12.05.35 PM.png

Not sure if it's Catalina or Hackintool but when I click on the Info icon on the USB tab the User Guide doesn't open and I get a message that says: "Help Viewer cannot open this content".

Not sure if it's Catalina or Hackintool but when I click on the Info icon on the USB tab the User Guide doesn't open and I get a message that says: "Help Viewer cannot open this content".
After a DuckDuckGo search I found that the problem was the Help Viewer cache or preferences files where corrupted. Deleting theme solve the problem. No problem with Hackintool.

After a DuckDuckGo search I found that the problem was the Help Viewer cache or preferences files where corrupted. Deleting theme solve the problem. No problem with Hackintool.
Yeah I don't know why Apple's built in help system is so flaky.

Hi @headkaze,

I found an interesting little oddity with Intel Power Gadget...

In summary if you inject the IGPU "model" device property as a <STRING> and it does not have a prefix of "Intel" then Intel Power Gadget will not show a trace for the IGPU ..... Strange but True !!!

See this post for more info :-

Should be an easy fix to implement ....

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
A question about Hackintool.

How can it help with system freeze issues and enabling iGPU and making it stable?

System in question:
Z370, 8086K (binned 8700k), RX570, 32MB RAM

A question about Hackintool....How can it help with system freeze issues and enabling iGPU and making it stable?

@izo1,

Hackintool can help you generate the Device Properties for the IGPU as "Patch Code" for inclusion in your config.plist, it can also genearte Device Properties to patch the MacOS framebuffer so that the defined connector types match your motherboard or laptop.

The patches must be used with Lilu and the WhatEverGreen plug-in ...
See this guide for info :-

Cheers
Jay

Back