Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

@EddyMac,

@RehabMan has examples of all of these and other necessary patches in his config.plist examples/templates in his GitHub repository :-

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

Find the config.plist that is the closest match to your system, you can copy/paste the required patches into to your own config.plist ... note that by default most of the patches are disabled, you can enable them by setting <key>Disabled</key> to <false>

Cheers
Jay

This is not a laptop. It's a desktop based on a 100 series Gigabyte board.

Thanks everyone. I was able to follow the FB-Patcher guide last night and USB seems to be working fine.

Need advice; a chicken / egg question. For my older Hachintosh.

I have a Haswell i5-4960K CPU. Been running on HS and now onto Mojave 10.14.2 and want to use FB-Patcher to correct my config.plist. Am using Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext on a RX580 radeon Hack. Works fine, but want to be more correct.

The model SMBIOS ID I have used for years is iMac14,2.

My PlatformId seems to be 0x0D220003 (according to FB-Patcher), and FB-Patcher says the model id is iMac14,1 or iMac14,4.

To complicate matters I think I should run in Headless mode, with just Radeon RX580.

1. Do I change my model id to iMac14,1 or iMac14,4 to match Platform ID 0x0D22003 ? OR
2. Can I change my model id to iMac15,1 to use the Headless Platform ID 0x0412000B ? OR
3. Is my platform ID FIXED and I can't change it - i.e I must continue on 0x0D22003 ?

I can't figure out from the great IDIOT'S guide of @jaymonkey, which comes first, change the model id, or pick a Platform ID. I must be a bigger idiot than the standard idiot.

Need advice; a chicken / egg question. For my older Hachintosh.

I have a Haswell i5-4960K CPU. Been running on HS and now onto Mojave 10.14.2 and want to use FB-Patcher to correct my config.plist. Am using Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext on a RX580 radeon Hack. Works fine, but want to be more correct.

The model SMBIOS ID I have used for years is iMac14,2.

My PlatformId seems to be 0x0D220003 (according to FB-Patcher), and FB-Patcher says the model id is iMac14,1 or iMac14,4.

To complicate matters I think I should run in Headless mode, with just Radeon RX580.

1. Do I change my model id to iMac14,1 or iMac14,4 to match Platform ID 0x0D22003 ? OR
2. Can I change my model id to iMac15,1 to use the Headless Platform ID 0x0412000B ? OR
3. Is my platform ID FIXED and I can't change it - i.e I must continue on 0x0D22003 ?

I can't figure out from the great IDIOT'S guide of @jaymonkey, which comes first, change the model id, or pick a Platform ID. I must be a bigger idiot than the standard idiot.

@tecemac,

For Haswell based system with dGPU you should use iMac15,1 SMBIOS with a headless PlatformID of 0x0412000B
Make sure to follow the guide, Enable IGPU in BIOS and set dGPU as Primary.

Cheers
Jay

For Haswell based system with dGPU you should use iMac15,1 SMBIOS with a headless PlatformID of 0x0412000B
Make sure to follow the guide, Enable IGPU in BIOS and set dGPU as Primary.

Thanks! So your advice is to move the model ID from iMac 14,2 to iMac 15,1. OK.

I know it's not germane but the Hack is a dual boot, and while I boot fine with iGPU enabled to OSX, I can't boot to Windows 10 - a known problem of some years back. I have to disable the IGPU to get Windows to boot. Is there a solution to dual boot with IGPU enabled ?

Oh I should add that on my newer ASRock Z270X, having the IGPU enabled in the BIOS AND dual booting is not a problem.

Thanks! So your advice is to move the model ID from iMac 14,2 to iMac 15,1. OK.

I know it's not germane but the Hack is a dual boot, and while I boot fine with iGPU enabled to OSX, I can't boot to Windows 10 - a known problem of some years back. I have to disable the IGPU to get Windows to boot. Is there a solution to dual boot with IGPU enabled ?

Oh I should add that on my newer ASRock Z270X, having the IGPU enabled in the BIOS AND dual booting is not a problem.
I have a similar Haswell system and have been trying to do the same thing as you and get the iGPU and dGPU working in harmony. I had the exact system configuration @jaymonkey mentioned working and everything seemed to be great except I couldn't play Netflix in Safari nor could I play iTunes purchased movies. If you try this config could you please try those (if you do Netflix and/or iTunes DRM movies) and let me know? I ended up getting tired of messing with it and went back to no iGPU and just the RX570 standalone (with the various fixes required to get DRM working in Mojave 10.14.2).

Edit-I dual-boot as well with Windows 10 and have no issues with both GPUs enabled...both show up in Device Manager. I have the iGPU turned on but the RX570 set to primary in BIOS

Last edited:
the Hack is a dual boot, and while I boot fine with iGPU enabled to OSX, I can't boot to Windows 10 - a known problem of some years back. I have to disable the IGPU to get Windows to boot. Is there a solution to dual boot with IGPU enabled ?

@tecemac,

Sorry, I'm not aware of that Windows 10 issue ...

My i7 4790K system dual boots MacOS and Windows 10 with no issues with both GPU's (Vega 64 + HD4600) enabled.
I don't have a Netflix account or any iTunes DRM content so am unable to comment on the issue @ghettocivic mentions, I did try playing a few iTunes Trailers the other day and they worked fine but thats all i can say on that.

For me the System works great, best FCPX performance I've ever had on a Hack. IGPU + DGPU work well together, full IQS acceleration and dGPU+IGPU Open CL/GL work great.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Back