Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

I was wondering - after the use the Hackintool to download or build kexts there are further files - where do they actually go?
  • Drivers
  • dSYM
  • Kexts (OK, Other or /L/E) and
  • Tools
Thanks!

Last edited:
@headkaze what is it for the .bin file on EDID fix?

Download kext doesn't work BTW. I am choosing a couple of kexts and click to download but there is no any kext inside of the Hackintool_Kexts Folder.

I also try to compiled selected for FakeSMC but it doesn't compile FakeSMC kext either.

Edit: I didn't realized when we try to compile for FakeSMC its giving an error;

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 23.58.59.png

Last edited:
@headkaze what is it for the .bin file on EDID fix?
It's just a binary version of the EDID. Next update will allow you to inject directly into the IGPU entry.
Download kext doesn't work BTW. I am choosing a couple of kexts and click to download but there is no any kext inside of the Hackintool_Kexts Folder.

I also try to compiled selected for FakeSMC but it doesn't compile FakeSMC kext either.
Some kexts don't download (mostly RehabMan's as he doesn't tend to host releases on Github). You can right click to go to the url and find the download manually.

I did fix the error compiling FakeSMC but I didn't seem to get any kext output in the Release folder. I will take a better look when I get a chance.

Last edited:
Hackintool v2.7.2 Released
- Added EDID injection to IGPU
- Added DPCD Max Link Rate patching
- Added tooltips for Advanced / LSPCON patch options
- Updated pci.ids / AppleALC audio data

Hackintool v2.7.3 Released
- Added Serial Number Generator (thanks to vit9696 / MacInfoPkg team)

Hackintool v2.7.3 Released - Added Serial Number Generator (thanks to vit9696 / MacInfoPkg team)

@headkaze,

Yet another useful new Hackintool feature :clap:

One suggestion to improve S/N validation ....

We normally first check a generated serial number on EveryMac.com to ensure that it is correct for the target SMBIOS / System Model if all looks good on EveryMac we then check the Serial Number on Apples support site to make sure the serial number is unique and unregistered.

Link to use for EveryMac.com S/N check is :

Code:
https://everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/?search_keywords=XXXXXXXXX

Where XXXXXXXXX is the passed serial number ..

After passing a CAPTCHA check, the website will validate the S/N and if ok will return with details of the System Model type that the S/N is for.

This process is documented in the following guide :-

By checking first on EveryMac.com and then on Apples Support Web Site we can be 100% sure that a generated serial number is going to work without any issues.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
im having an issue where hackintool is reporting XHC2,XHC3, and XHC4 as the same device path

Back