Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

The Conflict is two fold:

1)
The USB 3 Gen1 and USB 3 Gen2 ports are on seperate controllers. However Intel FB patcher sees them as the same Port ID SS02 (Front right) and HS01 (Front left) when making a USBPorts.kext. Therefore, in real practice if a USB 3 device is plugged into the front USB 3.1 C port, then the Front USB 3 SS02 doesn't register with a device. Likewise goes for USB 2 device plugged into the front USB 2 HS01 port.
Does that make sense that two controller boards are sharing the same port numbers which is conflicting?

The name of the port does not matter.
It is perfectly valid to have two or more ports named SS02/HS02 (other other names) under different controllers.

2)
3.1 Disks are not Ejecting when the computer goes to sleep/ Still having sleep issues, still unknown if this is to the USB 3.1 ports or not

Probably TB3 specific problem.

I anyone else getting crashes every time the Patch button is clicked?

It all started upon installing 10.14.2 for me.

Not sure if my fix for the "USB devices ejected upon wake" issue will work for you, too, as I am using a SSDT-UIAC according to Rehabman's guide, rather than patching USB ports via the FB-Patcher app.

However, what resolved the issue for me is to
- disable XMP Profile in the BIOS (set to 2133 MHz)
- enable XMP in Clover
=> Memory speed is now at 2998 MHz with my Corsair ram and USB devices are no longer ejected. Works on several motherboards (Gigabyte Z370N-WIFI and ASRock Z370M).

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the Reply @Dr,tom-san

I have the XMP profile disabled in BIOS as I'm setting this manually.
In clover I have Boot -> XMPDetection=Yes

I've reverted back to custom the SSDT RehabMan method. Which works.

But still no solution yet for ejecting after sleep and simply waking from sleep.

The "wake reason" error is:
localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XDCI XHC

While
Command: pmset -g
results in
sleep 10 (sleep prevented by mds, mds_stores, sharingd)

Stumped...

I'm seeing the same issue. I'm on 10.14.2 as well, but I can't say if it's new or not, as this is the first time I've tried running the app.

I forgot to mention, I resolved my own issue with this. Needed to change BIOS (Chipset tab) onboard graphics setting from Auto -> Enabled. No more fb patcher crashes for me, and headless iGPU is working properly after the patch.

Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 3.04.11 PM.png

A very basic question here:

I'm trying to do the USB port patching but am stuck right away at the first step. It says:

- Clover Rename XHC1 -> XHC
- Clover Rename EHC1 -> EH01
- Clover Rename EHC2 -> EH02

Where and how do I do this...in a step by step fashion?

(as an aside, why do so many guides assume everyone knows how to do this stuff?)

A very basic question here:
- Clover Rename XHC1 -> XHC
- Clover Rename EHC1 -> EH01
- Clover Rename EHC2 -> EH02

Where and how do I do this...in a step by step fashion?

@EddyMac,

@RehabMan has examples of all of these and other necessary patches in his config.plist examples/templates in his GitHub repository :-

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

Find the config.plist that is the closest match to your system, you can copy/paste the required patches into to your own config.plist ... note that by default most of the patches are disabled, you can enable them by setting <key>Disabled</key> to <false>

Cheers
Jay

That one you'll have to google I guess.

Yeah, tried that. Nothing meaningful.

Even started my own thread here on TonyMacx86 and still no definitive answer.

Back