Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

everything seemed to be great except I couldn't play Netflix in Safari nor could I play iTunes purchased movies. If you try this config could you please try those (if you do Netflix and/or iTunes DRM movies) and let me know?

Need to attend to other weekend issues. When I get to try these changes later I will post my answers.

My i7 4790K system dual boots MacOS and Windows 10 with no issues with both GPU's (Vega 64 + HD4600) enabled.

Interesting. Definitely found my answer to get a dual boot with a DGPU (originally NVidia, but now Radeon RX580 - and both have the same dual boot problem) was to disable the IGPU in BIOS. This poses a question from me:

When in the Clover Boot Menu screen - where it offers you boot disk choices - if you choose the Windows disk does it read the config.plist when booting - or does it do that only for an OSX boot?

In short disabling the IGPU in BIOS is masking the real problem of my dual boot - which is in the config.plist of Clover?

Interesting. Definitely found my answer to get a dual boot with a DGPU (originally NVidia, but now Radeon RX580 - and both have the same dual boot problem) was to disable the IGPU in BIOS.

@tecemac,

A few suggestions for you to try ...

1. If you are not doing so add the Clover ACPI Fix "Change HECI to IMEI" to your config.plist (see the Prerequisites in the WhatEverGreen section of the Lilu guide for more information)

2. Try installing the latest Intel Windows 10 Drivers for the HD4600 IGPU (download direct from Intel support website)

I use both of these options and have no problems booting Windows 10 with the IGPU & dGPU enabled.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
orking and everything seemed to be great except I couldn't play Netflix in Safari nor could I play iTunes purchased movies. If you try this config could you please try those (if you do Netflix and/or iTunes DRM movies) and let me know?

@ghettocivic

iTunes DRM movies work just fine for me with iMac15,1 and FB-Patcher patches. Using Platform ID 0x0412000B.

But still can't boot to Windows 10 unless I disable IGFX in BIOS before attempting the boot. ?

A mystery I need to solve.

@ghettocivic

iTunes DRM movies work just fine for me with iMac15,1 and FB-Patcher patches. Using Platform ID 0x0412000B.

But still can't boot to Windows 10 unless I disable IGFX in BIOS before attempting the boot. ?

A mystery I need to solve.
Thanks for checking! I wonder if it is something weird with this Intel board...not many people run this model it seems. Did you have to do any FB Patching besides the platform ID?

Does your BIOS let you pick what the primary graphics adapter is or is it just on or off?

Followed the guide which created USBPorts.kext, loaded it into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and USB3 was not recognized in USB3.1 ports - see this thread - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-intel-fb-patcher-v1-6-8.254559/page-42#post-1876346

I then tried to run FB-Patcher again. When I use the boot flags, -uia_exclude_hs or -uia_exclude_ss, FB-Patcher still shows the SSxx ports or the HSxx ports (depending on which you add), see this thread - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-intel-fb-patcher-v1-6-8.254559/page-43#post-1877600.

When I ran FB-Patcher the first time, the "exclude" boot flags did work.

Your ioreg and kextcache output show that USBInjectAll.kext is not installed.
-uia flags only work with USBInjectAll.kext installed.

Your ioreg and kextcache output show that USBInjectAll.kext is not installed.
-uia flags only work with USBInjectAll.kext installed.

I ended up using your ssdt guide with great success. My results are here. I have one question about that process, I left USBInjectAll and XHCI-unsupported kexts in S/L/E after creating the aml. Is that correct?

I ended up using your ssdt guide with great success. My results are here. I have one question about that process, I left USBInjectAll and XHCI-unsupported kexts in S/L/E after creating the aml. Is that correct?
no, they should be in /Library/Extensions

no, they should be in /Library/Extensions
Why? Best practice seems to be to avoid using the /Library/ or /System/Library folders, since they're vulnerable to updates.

@kris33,

Sigh .... None of the Moderators here at TMx86 will ever recommend injecting 3rd party kexts via Clover as "Best Practice" except for running the MacOS Installer, updater and recovery in which case only FakeSMC is needed, or if a specific kext needs to be injected outside of MacOS (which is very rare).

If you purchase a bit of hardware that needs a MacOS driver kext it is installed in /L/E which is the Apple endorsed and recommended location, so why treat 3rd party kexts for Hackingtosh systems any different ?

Clover injected Kexts live outside of MacOs Protected memory space and are not cached and many kexts wont work correctly, Rehabman sums up all the reasons why you should install all 3rd party kexts (Including FakeSMC) in /Library/Extensions in his guide here :-

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ler-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/post-917904

See the section titled Installing Kexts ...

Snippet from that post ....

It is a mistake to install everything to Clover/kexts. Contrary to popular hackintosh myth, it does not result in a cleaner install (the opposite is true). Many kexts will not work from Clover/kexts, so installing them to /L/E where they can be included in kernel cache is the best approach.

Note: The post is a bit out of date and needs updating as he also mentions /S/L/E (which should be avoided since MacOS Sierra) so assume that he means /L/E in all instances for MacOS Sierra onwards ....

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Why? Best practice seems to be to avoid using the /Library/ or /System/Library folders, since they're vulnerable to updates.
nope, use /Library/Extensions

Back