Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

Edit: Just done a bit more testing, it works if I check VRAM on the General options page, but then it also generates code for framebuffer-fbmem and framebuffer-stolenmem which is different behaviour from previous versions which would only generate code for framebuffer-unifiedmem if the 2048MB VRAM option was ticked and the VRAM option unchecked.
You probably have DVMT pre-alloc 32 MB set or Patch->Apply Current Patches and it's applying current VRAM patches.

Hackintool v2.3.7 Released
- Improved Clover EFI Mounting
- Clover PCI export now uses SubClass for device_type

You probably have DVMT pre-alloc 32 MB set or Patch->Apply Current Patches and it's applying current VRAM patches.

@headkaze,

Nope i don't have either of those options enabled ...

Screenshot 2019-04-25 at 22.43.34.png

Its not an issue for myself as I can work around it but the behaviour is different to earlier versions (detailed in my guides) where you could just check the VRAM 2048 MB (in Patch -> Advanced) and with the VRAM option unchecked (in Patch -> General) the patch generator would add the following :-

Code:
                <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>
                <data>
                AAAAgA==
                </data>

So basically it used to just add the 2048MB VRAM Patch, however if you try this with current version it only adds :-

Code:
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>

Checking the VRAM option (in Patch -> General) the patch generator adds all of the following :-

Code:
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-fbmem</key>
                <data>
                AAAAAA==
                </data>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key>
                <data>
                AAAgAg==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>
                <data>
                AAAAgA==
                </data>

So it's not possible to just apply the 2048 MB VRAM Patch with the current version ...

Hope this makes sense ;)

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Hope this makes sense ;)
I'm not ruling out a bug just yet; I'm just not seeing the behavior you describe. I'm guessing you don't have "Auto Detect Changes" set?

Last edited:
I took the attached screenshot of its menubar popdown of resolution choices and I see that 2560x1440, which I just selected, does not have a HiDPI icon to the right of it... if that answers your question.

Can you send me your DisplayProductID-xxxx file. I don't see why the resolution you've added is not being shown.

Can you send me your DisplayProductID-xxxx file. I don't see why the resolution you've added is not being shown.
No problem. Exported from Hackintool version 2.3.7. Had to zip the folder it was in to be able to attach it here.

Attachments

• DisplayVendorID-472.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 57
Hackintool v2.3.8 Released
- Bug fixes (thanks ReddestDream)

I'm not ruling out a bug just yet; I'm just not seeing the behavior you describe. I'm guessing you don't have "Auto Detect Changes" set?

@headkaze,

You where quite correct .... I did not have "Auto Detect Changes" checked.
With it set the 2048MB VRAM patch code can now be generated on its own.

Sorry for the false alarm buddy ... my bad.

Cheers
Jay

Back