Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

Thanks again.. you really are one of the most diligent workers on this site. I can't reboot until later to test this out but if it works I really will click your PayPal button to buy you that beer :)
Sorry to say... no luck in getting 2560x1440 here. Attached are screenshots of Hackintool 2.3.5 Display tab showing my edit, and of post-reboot Displays control panel that shows highest resolution still says "Looks like 1920x1080". Not sure if fiddling with Hackintool's Resolution popdown (changing 1080p to Manual, for instance) or clicking "Fix Monitor Ranges" would help?

Attachments

• HackDisplays.jpg
    HackDisplays.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 141
  • DisplaysCP.jpg
    DisplaysCP.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 141
Displays control panel that shows highest resolution still says "Looks like 1920x1080".
Did you hold Alt and click Scaled to get a list of all resolutions? Is your custom res not listed?

Yes, I did hold Alt and clicked Scaled, but 1920x100 is still the highest listed; see new screenshot where I've also clicked "Show low resolution modes". The six resolutions shown there are the entire list. BTW: I can use SwitchResX to successfully get 2650x1440... but was hoping there was a way to get it with out having to use the 3rd-party app.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 9.40.07 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 9.40.07 AM.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 100
Yes, I did hold Alt and clicked Scaled, but 1920x100 is still the highest listed; see new screenshot where I've also clicked "Show low resolution modes". The six resolutions shown there are the entire list. BTW: I can use SwitchResX to successfully get 2650x1440... but was hoping there was a way to get it with out having to use the 3rd-party app.
Let's try something. I'm guessing this resolution is not HiDPI? I've added a new option called "Non Scaled". Please give the attached version a try and let me know how you go.

Attachments

• Hackintool_NonScaled.png
    Hackintool_NonScaled.png
    241 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
First off, thanks for the attention you're giving this. I did try your new version and suggestion for Non Scaled, but there's no difference after reboot; scaled resolutions are the same as in #917 screenshot. Am scarcely an expert in HiDPI (I had to look it up just now to see what it means, LOL), but FWIW, after I turned SwitchResX back on just now, I took the attached screenshot of its menubar popdown of resolution choices and I see that 2560x1440, which I just selected, does not have a HiDPI icon to the right of it... if that answers your question. BTW, my monitor is an Acer XB271HK. For framebuffer patch I selected 0x59120000 with the DP>HDMI option (technically, my mobo only has DVI and HDMI ports). "About this Mac" identifies me having iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch 2017... *however*: in order to disable my GeForce 1080 card (for Mojave) without actually removing it, I was advised to set SMBIOS to iMac18,1 in config.plist (because I'm not using dGPU). Maybe that 18,3/18,1 discrepancy is what's screwing this up? See discussion at #13 here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-use-disable-one-of-two-gpu.266387/page-2#post-1928154

Attachments

• SwitchResX.jpg
    SwitchResX.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 86
@headkaze,

Looks like there is small issue with the latest version of Hackingtool (V2.3.5) as it does not add :-

Code:
                <key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>
                <data>
                AAAAgA==
                </data>

To the generated patch code when the 2048MB VRAM option (in Advanced) is checked and you click on Generate Patch.

Cheers
Jay

To the generated patch code when the 2048MB VRAM option (in Advanced) is checked and you click on Generate Patch.
Hmm I'm not seeing this, can you please try Hackintool v2.3.6

Hackintool v2.3.6 Released
- Bug fixes
- "Use Intel HDMI" option added (hda-gfx=onboard-x)
- Added "Non Scaled" resolution type

Hmm I'm not seeing this, can you please try Hackintool v2.3.6

@headkaze,

Just tried V2.3.6, 2048MB VRAM patch checked but still no code for framebuffer-unifiedmem generated ?

Screenshot 2019-04-25 at 19.15.30.png

Edit: Just done a bit more testing, it works if I check VRAM on the General options page, but then it also generates code for framebuffer-fbmem and framebuffer-stolenmem which is different behaviour from previous versions which would only generate code for framebuffer-unifiedmem if the 2048MB VRAM option was ticked and the VRAM option unchecked.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Just tried V2.3.6, 2048MB VRAM patch checked but still no code for framebuffer-unifiedmem generated ?
Do you have Patch VRAM set under General patch options?

Last edited:
Back