Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

Do you include external refs in the dsl decompile ?
No, but maybe you can help with that?

The iasl has a command line option:
Code:
  -e  <f1 f2 ...>     Include ACPI table(s) for external symbol resolution

So do I need to include every other file with the above option when I call iasl -d to include external refs?

@headkaze ...

Extract from @RehabMan's DSDT guide ....

Disassembly with refs.txt

Sometimes there are additional unresolved externals (symbols not defined in any file). The iasl disassembler will attempt to guess the number of arguments, but often it guesses poorly. You can correct it, by providing the External declarations in a text file. Some common unresolved symbols are SGPO, ECRD, ECWT, and MMTB.

The following refs.txt content has some common (and not so common) missing symbols (as reported by users in this thread) that the disassembler tends to be confused by.

First create refs.txt in the directory where your DSDT/SSDT files are:

Code:
External(MDBG, MethodObj, 1)
External(_GPE.MMTB, MethodObj, 0)
External(_SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.ECWT, MethodObj, 2)
External(_SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.ECRD, MethodObj, 1)
External(_SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.ECMD, MethodObj, 1)
External(_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.SGPO, MethodObj, 2)
External(_SB.PCI0.GFX0.DD02._BCM, MethodObj, 1)
External(_SB.PCI0.SAT0.SDSM, MethodObj, 4)
External(_GPE.VHOV, MethodObj, 3)
External(_SB.PCI0.XHC.RHUB.TPLD, MethodObj, 2)

Note: With newer ACPI sets (generally Skylake and later), the ACPI files have been compiled with a new enough version of iasl that embeds External opcodes in the resulting AML code. For these newer ACPI sets, no need for -da and especially not refs.txt as the refs.txt content here may conflict with the embedded External opcodes.

A handy way to create refs.txt is to use pbpaste in Terminal. Copy the text above to the clipboard (I'm assuming you know how to do that), then:

Code:
pbpaste>refs.txt

That will create refs.txt in your current working directory.

Then to use it during disassembly:

Code:
iasl -da -dl -fe refs.txt DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml

-----------

As rehabman notes .. its not always necessary to decompile with external refs ... so maybe a check box to select with or without might be the way to go ... maybe even allow the use of user selectable refs file ?

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Hackintool v2.2.0 Released
D. Generate Windows Bluetooth Registry File
- If you dual boot with Windows and want to share your Bluetooth mouse without having to pair again, do it once in macOS then generate this registry file for Windows.

Hi headkaze,
When I double click the Bluetooth.reg file in Windows I get this error:

Cannot import C:\Users\xxx\Desktop\Bluetooth.reg: Not all data was successfully written to the registry. Some keys are open by the system or other processes, or you have insufficient privileges to perform this operation.

Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks!

Hi headkaze,
When I double click the Bluetooth.reg file in Windows I get this error:

Cannot import C:\Users\xxx\Desktop\Bluetooth.reg: Not all data was successfully written to the registry. Some keys are open by the system or other processes, or you have insufficient privileges to perform this operation.

Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks!

You will need to take ownership of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BTHPORT\Parameters\Keys key using RegEdit before you can import it.

Hackintool v2.3.1 Released
- UI Updates

Hackintool v2.3.2 Released
- Monitor PCI hotplug

Hackintool v2.3.3 Released
- Extract DSDT (phpdev32)
- Auto update PCIIDs (MuntashirAkon)
- Export PCI list in JSON format

Hackintool v2.3.4 Released
- Updated audio codecs
- Export PCI list in Clover and dsl format
- Now dumps all ACPI tables and decompiles to dsl
Well done on your updates!

I tried the export pci list as .dsl format (attached) but unfortunately it doesn't seem to want to compile. Is there something missing from the top of the file?

Attachments

• pcidevices.dsl
    6.2 KB · Views: 87
Well done on your updates!

I tried the export pci list as .dsl format (attached) but unfortunately it doesn't seem to want to compile. Is there something missing from the top of the file?
Currently the .dsl file generated will not compile. It's only something to cut/paste data from at the moment. My knowledge of APCI is limited. If anyone wants to help clue me in on how I can generate one that will compile, please let me know.

Elsewhere on this site I've seen discussions about trying to get 2560x1440 resolution using Intel 630 HD, but they either seem to be fairly old (before WhateverGreen became popular), or else not for my Kaby Lake mobo, or else not for Mojave. To use Mojave, I've managed to disable my NVIDIA 1080 card without actually having to remove it (thank you, salomonfr), have switched to IGFX as Primary Display in UEFI, have connected HDMI from my mobo to my monitor and have used Hackintool 2.3.4 to generate a framebuffer patch that works to give me decent video in 10.14.4. However, the resolution choices that I get in Mojave jump from 1080p (1920x1080) directly to 4K (3840x2160), with nothing in-between. Both of those work fine but in the former, icons looks a little too big and in the latter, they look 'way too small. Is there any way using Hackintool that I can get 2560x1440 to appear as an option in Mojave? Or do I have to use some other utility like SwitchResX to try to get that resolution? Hackintool patch screenshot is attached. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 9.04.35 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 9.04.35 AM.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 85
Is there any way using Hackintool that I can get 2560x1440 to appear as an option in Mojave?
Go to System Preferences->Displays then hold down Alt and click on Scaled. You should then get extra resolutions listed.

Hackintool v2.3.5 Released
- Fixed bug in Device Path generator (gfxutil)
- Added "Generate Windows UTC Registry Files" tool

Last edited:
Back