Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

Actually, it was Hackintosh tool which made the changes to my plist.config which caused the strange behaviour.
On the USB section, I removed all the unused USB entries, then exported the USB config, at that point it wanted to mount my EFI and make changes to the config.plist, this change broke a few things, ie, my battery monitoring, lid close sleep, etc. I can post a before and after?
Hackintool will not mount EFI or write to config.plist for USB patches.

You must have used the export menu which is for patching video, audio and PCI devices. If you did it unintentionally you probably patched junk.

For whatever reason, if i plug in my real macbook pro, i get all the expected resolution options and the scaled menu in system preferences ('larger text" vs "more space"). however this menu is not present on the hackintosh. And of the available resolutions it presents, only two work at the monitors full resolution. One is the actual 5120x2160 option which as i mentioned makes things too small. And the other is the 2560x1080 option which for some reason works correctly as a HiDPI 5120x2160 "looks like" 2560x1080. While this looks good, in this mode everything is a bit too large on screen for my taste.

@genzai,

Have you tried holding down your "Option" key and clicking on "Scaled" in Sys Prefs -> Displays :-
Screenshot 2019-05-15 at 02.30.17.png . Screenshot 2019-05-15 at 02.31.22.png
Should toggle between "Scaled" UI mode and raw Resolutions ...

Cheers
Jay

@genzai,

Have you tried holding down your "Option" key and clicking on "Scaled" in Sys Prefs -> Displays :-
Yes i have tried this. I don't have a "Scaled UI" mode on the hackintosh- only on the real mac. On the hackintosh i only have the "resolution mode" and alt+click just reveals more resolution options but not the ones i'm trying to achieve and that are achievable on a real mac.

Thanks,
g\

Yes i have tried this. I don't have a "Scaled UI" mode on the hackintosh- only on the real mac. On the hackintosh i only have the "resolution mode" and alt+click just reveals more resolution options but not the ones i'm trying to achieve and that are achievable on a real mac.

@genzai,

Hummm .. I just checked on my White Knight hack (see sig for specs) which is is attached to a LG Ultra Wide 21:9 34" Display (3440 x 1440) and i also don't get the scaled icon UI in Sys Prefs -> Displays :-

Screenshot 2019-05-15 at 15.42.59.png
Screenshot 2019-05-15 at 15.43.33.png

Never really noticed before until you mentioned it as i'm happy with the default of 3440 x 1440.

Like you if i Option Click on "Scaled" it shows other resolutions and not the Scaled Ui Icon menu

Screenshot 2019-05-15 at 15.53.38.png

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Quite some time now my Skylake build is unstable with kernel panics being the order of the day. Prior to Mojave 10.14.03 the machine never suffered any of these instability problems whatsoever. In the past I relied exclusively on Lilu and Weg to manage my IGPU connectionless framebuffer(s) with no problems at all. I then stumbled across this thread and learned that another approach is now required, as Lilu and Weg, on their own, is not enough to achieve the desired result. I therefore followed this guide, to the best of my ability, with the result yielding no improvement at all. Kindly note that I am and have been using a codeless USB configuration for close to 2 years now, without problems. I have now upgraded to 10.14.5 just to learn that the instability continues even after the upgrade, which incidentally completed smoothly and without any hitches. I now find myself in a cul de sac with the only option remaining to request help from this community.
The file "debug_6229.zip" contains the problem reporting files as generated by the gen_debug command.
Assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Greetings

Attachments

• debug_6229.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 149
  • Ioreg-Workshop.zip
    979.8 KB · Views: 148
Quite some time now my Skylake build is unstable with kernel panics being the order of the day.
What's the KP you're getting?

Hackintool will not mount EFI or write to config.plist for USB patches.

You must have used the export menu which is for patching video, audio and PCI devices. If you did it unintentionally you probably patched junk.
If I am on the USB section and I click Export button, it states "Rename Required, renaming EC0 to EC...", if I click OK, it will mount the EFI Partition and patch my config.plist.

If I am on the USB section and I click Export button, it states "Rename Required, renaming EC0 to EC...", if I click OK, it will mount the EFI Partition and patch my config.plist.
In this case it should only add a rename to your config.plist.

What's the KP you're getting?
Hi @headkaze I thought that information would have been collected when running gen_debug and thus embedded in the file debug_6229.zip which I attached to my post. Please let me know how, where from and in what format you want me to provide that info. In general KP's happen during sleep and also a short while after waking from a long sleep
Greetings

Please let me know how, where from and in what format you want me to provide that info.
When the KP happens it will display all the info to post here. If your machine resets when a KP occurs you will need to apply patches so it doesn't.

Back