Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

Is there any difference in using USBPorts.kext compared to using SSDT-UIAC.aml ?
What has the best compatibility when updating the OS?

Is there any difference in using USBPorts.kext compared to using SSDT-UIAC.aml ?What has the best compatibility when updating the OS?

@JoQ,

There is no difference between them in terms of what they do,

SSDT-UIAC.aml acts as a configuration for USBInjectAll.kext (which must be installed) and has the advantage that it can be easily edited if necessary ... where as USBPorts.kext combines both SSDT-UIAC.aml and USBInjectAll.kext into one kext but is not so easily edited ... (must be re-generated by Hackintool)

USBInjectALL.kext + SSDT-UIAC.aml came first and was developed by @RehabMan and is basis for all current USB solutions.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
can this be used to turn your laptop screen off and only display external monitor ?

Also this is a long shot but could this be used to make a usb--> HDMI connector work that is not supported by mac ?

any advise on how to disable dgpu using hackintool?
Under Patch->Patch->Advanced there is an option called "Disable eGPU" which just sets the "disable-external-gpu" value for WhateverGreen.

Used you amazing tool to do the USB port patching.
I have a Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5 motherboard. And I followed the instructions to do the patching.
And everything seemed to work great. Except I have been noticing that sometimes my USB ports cut out. So I can be typing on my Apple Keyboard (USB) and all of a sudden it wont register my inputs, and after 3 seconds it works again.
Now I noticed that my headset (connected via USB) just lost connection, and was removed from audio devices. But checking System information I could see that it was visible. And I think the same thing happened here, it did loose connection, and was removed from audio devices, and when it got connection again it did not reappear.

Does this have to do with the USB Patching?
I did not notice this when using USBInjectAll.kext.

I removed USBInjectAll.kext and used USBPorts.kext instead, as per instructions. Should I use the SSDT-UIAC.aml instead?

Hello, thank you for the tool!

I have a question about USB port patching. I carefully followed the guide on USB tab and created the patch. My motherboard asus z370-F has additional usb controller (1 x type-c, 1 x 3.1) called ASM2142. Should I do some renaming stuff for this device? Or I have to disable 4 HS/SS ports in order to not pass the limit? I tried to remove all PRT* ports and export the patch, but they still appears after reboot and refresh the ports list. If I don't remove them my machine wakes up immediately after falling asleep.

mb: z370f
cpu: 8700k
igpu: uhd 630 / DP / 4k
bt: BCM943602CS

Also, should BT's devices wake machine? I am unable to do that with my magic trackpad and logitech BT keyboard.

EFI: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gx862fg6ygrac4/EFI.zip?dl=0

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-06-15 at 21.23.34.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-15 at 21.23.34.png
    137.9 KB · Views: 177
Hackintool v2.6.0 Released
- USB fixes for macOS Catalina
- USB now shows device speeds
- Much improved Log viewer
- Installing kexts on macOS Catalina will prompt to disable Gatekeeper and mount the disk in read/write mode
- Fixed Atheros install for macOS Catalina
- Added NativeDisplayBrightness to kext install list
- Updated translations for Korean / Chinese

Last edited:
1.5 Mbps for any kind of usb stick.

Hackintool v2.6.0 Released,
- USB fixes for macOS Catalina
- Installing kexts on macOS Catalina will prompt to disable Gatekeeper and mount the disk in read/write mode

@headkaze,

Nice job with getting Hackintool ready for Catalina, especially for installing kexts - puts Hackintool way ahead of the rest of the kexts utilities and should take all the hassle that Apple introduced in 10.15.X away for most users.

Appreciate your work as always.

Cheers
Jay

Back