Graphics
GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Well after struggling 3 hours trying to fix my font database, I've decided to reinstall Lion. I am 90% sure that if I do that, I won't lose my home directory, apps, and settings, and it will just install the system over again. But I thought I would ask the TonyMac brain first.

I'll do a CCC backup of course, but I should be ok with installing the new system right?

Do I lose my custom ktexts? Any quick install advice?

Thanks!

what problems did you have?

Well I'm just about to post a thread on having a problem with FakeSMC version mismatches due to this. I updated to 10.7.4 from a fully functional 7.2 and it KP'd on boot (IOUSB issues). I pulled out my discs and reinstalled over and now I get a FakeSMC version mismatch (expected 4.20) and no kexts will load. :?

I'm scouring the net for a FakeSMC 4.2.0 standalone as I can't connect the drive to my Mac and the multibeast pkg wont unpack in windows (for me to transmac copy it on to the drive).

I would recommend grabbing all the important data incase it pulls the same. Maybe it would even be better to delete the system and library folders in your root drive before installing over in you've ever used software update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back