Contribute
Register

Reinstalling High Sierra stuck on apple logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
the problem then seems to be that nv_disable=1 fails to actually disable non-accelerated graphics?
Is there any other way to force VESA mode?
I checked again, both Lilu and whatevergreen are in the kext folder on the EFI drive.

I booted up in single user mode, and found that in Library/Extensions i had a NvidiaGraphicsFixup kext, which in now deleted, but I am still stuck at gIOScreenLockState for any configuration but single user mode.

You can then manually "ignore" the GTX1060 during boot by using the "nv_disable=1" command-lime option. This gives you non-accelerated graphics by putting the card in "VESA" mode. As an additional step for difficult systems you can also use the "Safe Mode" command-line " -s " option.
Does anyone know how to diagnose/why VESA mode fails? "nv_disable=1" fails to change anything to me, leaving me with a bricked machine.

I ran the installer again, and I actually managed to avoid the gIOLockState 3 error if I boot from internal graphics, however then I end in a reboot cycle, with the text scrolling too fast to properly see what is even going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back