Contribute
Register

Reinstalling High Sierra stuck on apple logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H270-HD3
CPU
i5-7500
Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
  1. MacBook
My High Sierra installation broke, so I used the recovery partition to reinstall High Sierra.
After the installation, my disk booted up once, doing some more installation, but now I can't boot.
I had to add InjectNVIDIA, but that only brings me to the apple logo, with no more printout from verbose mode, leaving me very little to debug.
The progress bar is there, but stuck at 0 percent apparently forever.
The only advice I found was for InjectUSB and FixOwnership, both options were already checked, and don't help https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-after-months-of-use-hackintosh-stuck-on-apple-logo.216797/
Can anyone give me some advice?

Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.
It stops on the apple logo, in verbose mode, with no text visible any more

Injecting Nvidia is wrong for a GTX 1060.
You may need to boot with nv_disable=1 until you have set up the web drivers.

Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.
Booting with nv_disable=1 leaves me at gIOSceenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

Booting with nv_disable=1 leaves me at gIOSceenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0
Indicative of incorrectly configured graphics.

How can I configure the graphics properly? This is the printout of verbose mode with nv_disable=1

Attachments

• IMG_5928.JPG
    IMG_5928.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 62
How can I configure the graphics properly?

Start by disabling your Serial port(s) in the BIOS settings, they can conflict with the graphics drivers.

serial.png

I disabled the serial ports, but I am still stuck at gIOLockState 3

Attachments

• IMG_5929.JPG
    IMG_5929.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 69
I disabled the serial ports, but I am still stuck at gIOLockState 3

Hi there.

Well as @P1LGRIM pointed out at post #2 and post #5 you need to address a GPU problem so ...

Check your BIOS for graphics-card priority. Do you Initialise PCI-e first, or iGPU?

Double-check the suggestions in post #2

There were problems with Nvidia GPUs during boot, now fixed by using the Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts. A good idea in this example is to copy them both into the EFI partition of your installation and the folder EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

Check the version of the NVidia web-drivers you are using matched the macOS point release. There's a different version for each.

This is sometimes easier to write than to do. If you can boot using the UniBeast installer, then mount the hidden partition of your destination drive so you can copy the kexts over. If you can't boot the main installation, you can boot UniBeast and enter the installer, but instead of proceeding, use the Tools menu Terminal app to do the mount and copy. But that is not for the faint-hearted and requires some knowledge of Terminal commands. Or you can connect your destination drive to another Mac via a USB caddy and do the copying that way.

Check your BIOS for graphics-card priority. Do you Initialise PCI-e first, or iGPU?
I initialize the PCI first, I also tried it the other way around, but I end up back at gIOLockState 3

There were problems with Nvidia GPUs during boot, now fixed by using the Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts. A good idea in this example is to copy them both into the EFI partition of your installation and the folder EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.
I am using the EFI of my USB stick now, on this one I now installed the Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts, but they end me back at the gIOLockState 3
I attached my Clover folder of the USB stick

Check the version of the NVidia web-drivers you are using matched the macOS point release. There's a different version for each.
The web-drivers should match, the whole system used to work, except now I had to reinstall HighSierra on the boot partition, and I don't know what broke initially.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 61
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back