Register

Reinstalled Chimera on Mavericks, SMBios.plist cannot be found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi all!

Sadly, after a forced shutdown, my Chimera bootloader stopped working on my perfect and shiny 10.9 install.

I managed to reinstall Chimera using the newest installer from Download section.
After that I've restored my Extra Folder.

Then, at boot, I got:
Error: SMBios.plist cannot be found

I've also tried fixing permissions without success.

Then I got the specific Chimera version from 10.9 Multibeast: still the same.

What can be wrong?

Because of this reason the boot takes AGES but, in the end, it works.
I am ok with waiting but I would be really happy to get full functionality again and also scared that maybe even other parts of the system may not be working correctly.

I am using a Gigabyte GA-P55-UD5 with a 760 GTX, if this helps.

A little thing that I am not 100% sure about is that I * might * have been moving the SATA port for the Chimera HDD on the motherboard but, if I did so, I cannot remember anymore where it was plugged originally.

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all!

Sadly, after a forced shutdown, my Chimera bootloader stopped working on my perfect and shiny 10.9 install.

I managed to reinstall Chimera using the newest installer from Download section.
After that I've restored my Extra Folder.

Then, at boot, I got:
Error: SMBios.plist cannot be found

I've also tried fixing permissions without success.

Then I got the specific Chimera version from 10.9 Multibeast: still the same.

What can be wrong?

Because of this reason the boot takes AGES but, in the end, it works.
I am ok with waiting but I would be really happy to get full functionality again and also scared that maybe even other parts of the system may not be working correctly.

I am using a Gigabyte GA-P55-UD5 with a 760 GTX, if this helps.

A little thing that I am not 100% sure about is that I * might * have been moving the SATA port for the Chimera HDD on the motherboard but, if I did so, I cannot remember anymore where it was plugged originally.
SMBIOS.plist should be in the /Extra folder. If not there, check your backups. If still not found, use Kext Wizard or MultiBeast to install one.

Status
Not open for further replies.