Graphics
intel HD620 - GTX 940MX
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Lisa
Good morning everyone.
I have a very strange problem, at least for me.
I have an Asus X556uq Laptop and I had Catalina installed almost 100% working (except wifi and dedicated nvidia). So I have happily used it for a while with Windows, I even updated it to BigSur without problem, everything was ok.
The problem arises when a disk breaks and although, I did not lose anything I had to reinstall everything (at least try what I am on)
The same installer pendrive with the same EFI folder that worked ok. Now it won't even let me get to the start of the Catalina installer.
I use Opencore for booting.
The symptom ... When it is, I think, about to open the window with the Mac installation options, it freezes and shuts down.

Did this happen to someone?

Attachments

• IMG_20210411_192547.jpg
    IMG_20210411_192547.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 65
Good morning everyone.
I have a very strange problem, at least for me.
I have an Asus X556uq Laptop and I had Catalina installed almost 100% working (except wifi and dedicated nvidia). So I have happily used it for a while with Windows, I even updated it to BigSur without problem, everything was ok.
The problem arises when a disk breaks and although, I did not lose anything I had to reinstall everything (at least try what I am on)
The same installer pendrive with the same EFI folder that worked ok. Now it won't even let me get to the start of the Catalina installer.
I use Opencore for booting.
The symptom ... When it is, I think, about to open the window with the Mac installation options, it freezes and shuts down.

Did this happen to someone?
Have you tried different USB ports?

Yes. On port 3.0 it doesn't work. it shows me a forbidden symbol. I can only connect it in 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back