Contribute
Register

RehabMan's ProBook Ivy Bridge 4540s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still trying to figure out how this is related to the 4x40s? Is it?

All 4x40s use the exact patch I was talking about and you can't figure out if is related... I mean it might not be useful for you but for sure it is related. :)

All 4x40s use the exact patch I was talking about and you can't figure out if is related... I mean it might not be useful for you but for sure it is related. :)

We have this in ConfigData for 4x40s: 00C71E81 00C71F03 01171EA0 01171F90

As far as I know there are no problems with this data and therefore no reason to change it. Do you know of some bug that I don't know?

We have this in ConfigData for 4x40s: 00C71E81 00C71F03 01171EA0 01171F90

As far as I know there are no problems with this data and therefore no reason to change it. Do you know of some bug that I don't know?
No there are no bugs or reason to change that data and I was not suggesting it neither. As you can see if you read my last few posts I was asking for someone to explain to me what does that data do.... Since no one did that I assumed that it wasn't clear and took the chalange to figure it out... All my post did is explain what it does and share the discovery that the same data works perfectly on the 6x70b too.

Edit:
DSDT editing got me nowhere... no matter what I did I wasn't able to change the pin-config from DSDT, I am starting to think we were wrong assuming that it does something.

No there are no bugs or reason to change that data and I was not suggesting it neither. As you can see if you read my last few posts I was asking for someone to explain to me what does that data do.... Since no one did that I assumed that it wasn't clear and took the chalange to figure it out... All my post did is explain what it does and share the discovery that the same data works perfectly on the 6x70b too.

Since the post was made on my thread regarding my 4540s, I was assuming it was relevant to my machine. Thanks for the clarification.

Edit:
DSDT editing got me nowhere... no matter what I did I wasn't able to change the pin-config from DSDT, I am starting to think we were wrong assuming that it does something.

Yes, I think PinConfigurations does almost nothing when filled in. But it is required for certain codecs (and not for others). As a general rule, I think it good to include it (empty) in DSDT and leave it at that.

Other notes, post install:
- no problem with screen brightness, before or after display sleep. So far, no need for blinkscreen

I have installed your blinkscreen workaround via Probook installer.
Since the brightness problem has gone, how can I uninstall that brightness fix ?

Edit:
Never mind, I followed RM's install guide.
But my 4540s is different from yours, its still got the brightness problem, which requires to be slept to get full range of brightness.

My 4340s has finally arrived and I've made a fresh Mavericks install on it. The only difference is that I've made my second boot with IGPEnabler=No only, it seems the system can boot without -x at this point. It came with Ralink based adaptor, which I've replaced with one BCM94322HM8L based card, rebranded with the Apple IDs. I've already ordered an Atheros 9280 based card and until it has arrived, I'll use this one. Had to install Chameleon manually due to the 4k sector problem. Everything seems to work fine, except the sleep. When I press the sleep button/select the sleep from the Apple menu/close the lid, only the display goes to sleep. I've tried the two system_WAK patches, but there was no any difference with any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back